Big rate cut proping up markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Mar 17, 2008.

1. We're now expecting a 1 to 1.25% cut in the fed funds rate. I think Bernanke will go a step further and count 1.50%.

Maybe that's enough why we're seeing this rally.

2. S2007S

S2007S

kin I hope they lower them to 0% so we can now just move on, enough of these .25,.50 and .75 rate cuts, just drop them to 0% and make everyone happy, no need to drop them slowly when we all know they will drop them to 0% over the next 2 years to keep the economy and market propped up. So all in favor of 0% please stand up....

3. fed and banks should cut to zero and turn out the lights on their way out. we don't need either one

4. S2007S

S2007S

agree. 0%....forget about what happens, come back in a few years and hope everything took care of itself.....

5. You're presuming that rates can go only to 0%. Watching the Fed throwing money at Wall Street like they have the past few months, I'd say they will introduce a "Wall Street big bank borrowing facility" or WS-BBB-FU at -10%, just to keep the liquidity. Retailers will of course be paying the counter-WS-BBB-FU rate of 20%. Just a vision... :D