Big night move up in CL

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by long, Apr 18, 2024.

1. long

long

The overnight has just shot up over 300 points with strong volume. I’m expecting to hear major world news tomorrow. Anybody hear anything yet?

Edit: several commodities are up strong. Something’s happening.

2. roca

roca

Israel attacked Iran,Syria,Iraq and I think Iran hit back

long likes this.
  3. specifically..on CL. Iran moving assets out into the straits of Hormuz rn. Saudi has postponed all tanker departure until further notice..as per bloomberg terminal

long likes this.
  4. long

long

I just read that Iran is claiming that no damage was done. They claim that they shot down the drones before they reached their target.

5. roca

roca

yes I guess its just a reaction. Nobody knew at first what was the real thing happening

6. I would not think CL will pull back much...seems still in full play until much more clear reports on this event

7. maxinger

maxinger

Interestingly, CL went up 3.6 points.
    Then went down > 3.6 points.

8. /GC had a spike as well, at 21:00 hours.
    Old time traders call that a probe:
    explore the paucity (or not) of sell orders above the market.

long likes this.
    • SOL is on the move! Keep your eyes peeled as it approaches key resistance at $148.27. Further ceilings await at $148.98 and $151.86. However, a breakthrough could signal a stronger bullish phase.

• Support levels stand firm at $141.17, with even stronger foundations at $133.73 and $128.71. These are critical in case of any selling pressure, offering potential buying opportunities on dips.

• Feeling bullish? Traders might consider long entries on pullbacks to major support levels, with stop-loss orders placed below $133.73 to manage risk. If SOL struggles, short positions could be in play with targets set at subsequent support levels.

9. long

long

Old time traders didn’t have these new fangled overnight markets. They had to do their market probing in the daylight. Nights were for a different kind of probing….

#10     Apr 24, 2024