Big Move Up Imminent

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by VisionTrader, Oct 7, 2005.

1. i still think that 1170 for the spx is the first good test of support once the 1201 level was broke --- may happen this week if we do not get some catalyst for the buyers to give it another shot.

below 1170 it will get wild and a run down to the lower 1100 levels could make the prior august {2004} 1060 area as the next major support level --- this could all play out from here until the end of 2006.

i just hope we can hold a good wide trading range for a year or two!

#21     Oct 10, 2005
  2. Do you realize that volume is the number of shares/contracts BOUGHT & SOLD AT THE SAME TIME ? If you were doing a study on volume realized as market orders and as limit orders, I could understand there is some value behind your reasoning, but here, I'm not really convinced on such an argument.

#22     Oct 10, 2005
  3. Great bearish posts TY

We still need to test S&P 1179 and 1165 cash, then maybe 1146.
    Any lower, and this market is in serious trouble

#23     Oct 10, 2005
  4. Sintax

Sintax

None the less, an increase in volume always means an increase in **new owners**.

#24     Oct 10, 2005

5. Ask yourself who was the buyer on those days? Was it your buds here at ET? Who bought and why?

On 10/6 approximately 1.6M shares exchanged hands on the ES. Look at the bar/candle on that day. Looks like about a 15 point range, yet the close was only down around 3 pts. What do you think happened here?

Don't get all excited, I am just making some conversation here. If you are short so be it. I just would not want to be right now because I think a move up is coming that's all. It may never happen, let's see.

#25     Oct 10, 2005

6. ???????????????????????????????

#26     Oct 10, 2005
  7. Don't worry, if I'm long or short, it's rougly on a 1 hour scale.... :)

Market microstructure and order placement seems to be something totally neglected nowadays but you can be sure some day in the future (10 years ?) people will understand better what I mean. However I'm sure that even now some of them are understanding it perfectly.

I leave you with your thoughts on who and what is moving the market while you should ask yourself 'how'.

#27     Oct 10, 2005

8. if oil gets real bullish again for whatever reason {above 70 and holds} those levels will be speed bumps on a down hill street.

#28     Oct 10, 2005
  9. Fortunately for those fearing this scenario, oil seems to have found a nice and cozy equilibrium around $61 that might last for a while, which reminds me that I should go to bed now.

#29     Oct 10, 2005
  10. Big IF for oil :)

#30     Oct 11, 2005