Big Money Traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pound, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Pound

Pound

Are there any big money traders out there still? Guys trading accounts over 1million dollars?

Just curious

-Pound

2. Guys like that do not mess around with the newbies and one lot-ers on ET. I mean do you see George Soros around here? Not that George Soros, the real one.

3. Pound

Pound

I know two guys on ET that trade accounts over 500k and are really successful guys. Trading is a boring game and spending time on ET really kills the agony of sitting around in the markets. Lots of market makers read these boards, also. There is some funny guys in this business.

-Pound

4. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

you would be surprised of the size of some traders here.
    granted few hundred million and more, but we'll never know.
    also the more recent in the game are not always the smallest. :)

From newbie to elite, I think many read the board because you never know when you will read something really great, and always will find new ideas.

Also, often one idea brings another one. One way to look at things brings new ways to do things. And this board is worth very much just for that. So don't be fooled. Many pros, veterans do read (and sometimes participate) on ET because they know one idea is sometimes worth 1 million times the time spent reading here.

tntneo

5. VOLUME

VOLUME

There are some animals on this site. Many million plus guys.

6. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

I would not care how much money I traded I would still hang out at Elite Trader. This is the best place to get a good laugh in the middle of the trading day.

7. rs7

rs7

Probably quite a few. "I am not an animal" (elephant man). But I trade a lot of dollars....many millions...just not my own, which makes it a job, not a hobby, not a gamble.
    Stay tuned, I am almost ready to expose the super secret to successful trading ...I will do it in the next few days...that's a promise!!!

8. outlaw

outlaw

Are you for real? If there was a super secret, how come only you know it? And if you "expose" it, will it still work? This sounds like BS to me!!!!

9. DT-waw

DT-waw

rs7 - I know what does your super secret consist of.
    1) optimization
    2) hard work
    3) discipline
    4) proper position ( risk ) management
    5) luck

If you do/have all above, you'll succeed.

10. rs7

rs7

Decide for yourself if I am "for real". I have written plenty of posts here for you to evaluate.
    I don't BS...I really do try to help other traders. Again, read my previous posts.
    As to the "secret", it is one of those things that you will read, and think to yourself "well I always knew that, I just never really put it together".....Well I am going to put it together for you.
    As to whether it will still work: yes, it will. It always has and always will. I don't mean to be coy or elusive. I just don't have the time or inclination now to do it. Besides, it's always fun to add a little drama!
    :)

#10     Jun 28, 2002