Big mistake, I had CNBC on with Cramer

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tango29, Nov 20, 2020.

1. tango29

tango29

I wanted to hear their interview with Sec Munchin, and the Pfizer CEO came on after that and I wanted to hear what his thoughts were on the progress with the vaccine. Unfortunately Cramer went into his rant syndrome, so the mistake was having hope for a good interview even though Cramer was on the set.
    I have the news, be it Bloomberg or CNBC running on a screen I am not watching regularly and the volume is set to be able to hear it if I want to hear an econ number or other event. Personally I find being able to analyze what moved the markets a value. I have quite often used a response to a number and then hearing the actual value a reason to take a position based on experience over the years and how the market moves. For quite a few years there was a definite tradeable pattern with almost every bigger econ number release. At times I would alter my trades when I knew the number was other than expected and trade opposite the pattern and it was a profitable edge.
    That is just part of my trading plan. Everyone should have their own plan written out and evaluate regularly to adapt to change. Mine has changed quite a bit over the years, except for about 2 setups, one of which relates to the news effect.

#21     Nov 21, 2020
    JSOP likes this.
  2. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

Remember the "Monkey vs. Cramer" website? It was hilarious how the monkey always did better! ahahahahah!!

#22     Nov 21, 2020
  3. easymon1

easymon1

#23     Nov 21, 2020
  4. nitrene

nitrene

I never understood the hate for Cramer on this forum. I gained a lot from his insights and especially his CEO interviews.

He is the guy who really came up with the original FANG acronym of investing in large cap tech when it was Facebook, Amazon, Netflix & Google. And that was back on like 2014 I think.

He also recommended Tesla right before it shot up to the moon in 2019. I think he understands investing trends very well.

His Covid-19 Index is very impressive and the work from home phenomenon was spot on. He was calling for investing in those names as long there was no vaccine or an effective therapeutic. So he was correct again.

He is also very good at short-term market momentum if you listen to his "Mad Money" prologue every day.

#24     Nov 22, 2020
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Understand one thing about Cramer (he is an entertainer just like the other Kramer). Nothing more nothing less. He only stays on the "air" if he keeps sheeple watching.

Sorry to say nitrene but coming up with an acronym is not something amazing.

As for his hits, we all have them and we all mostly ignore our misses, which for most of us are far greater in numbers. No doubt Cramer falls into that category as well. But he is paid to give his opinion. Just like Sean Hannity, Anderson Cooper and eek Rachel Maddow. Self appointed "experts" that spew nonsense.

He is on 5 nights a week 40-something weeks out of the year. How right can someone be? When you have all that air time to fill.

Cue the monkey.

#25     Nov 22, 2020
    nitrene likes this.
  6. TimMykes

TimMykes

theres a video passed around of Cramer mocking TSLA pre ipo, telling folks its nonsense and to sell it all the first day

Im sure he got religion since then , but it makes him look bad .

#26     Nov 23, 2020
    nitrene likes this.
  7. nitrene

nitrene

The TSLA thing is correct I think he stated many times before 2019 that it was a good company but a terrible stock. I think he also stated many times that Musk was a liability.

I think he changed his mind after his daughter bought one and he drove it around.

#27     Nov 23, 2020
  8. tango29

tango29

Ok, I'll throw a bone to Cramer. Over the weekend I was doing some office cleaning(a lost cause in reality), and found a note I had written on a Cramer call. It is dated 10/25/19 and it was to buy AMZN which was trading 1677 I noted. I also wrote on the note that Cramer is going to get one right, and possibly a fairly big one. It did double and is still up, a good run for just over a year now.
    So, here's a congratulations for a good call.

#28     Nov 23, 2020
  9. TimMykes

TimMykes

lol, you give credit for calling AMZN

you're too generous

my cat does better than that , and i dont have a cat

#29     Nov 23, 2020
    SunTrader likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

All analysts make good calls and bad calls. Cramer is just another one of them. Remember, he's the Howard Stern of the financial world because of his "Mad Money" show. And that's all fine and good! Do the due diligence, and take everyone's advice with a gain of salt.

It is all we can really do.

#30     Nov 23, 2020