Big mistake, I had CNBC on with Cramer

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tango29, Nov 20, 2020.

1. ET180

ET180

Just cancel cable. It's all a waste of time.

#11     Nov 20, 2020
  2. Grantx

Grantx

Dont listen to a goddamn thing anyone tells you.

#12     Nov 20, 2020
    comagnum likes this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

What private retail traders can gain from news releases and the media is very limited.

We can't get more detailed information than the big banks and we can't analyse it better and we can't get it sooner. The basis of TA is that the big players make the buy/sell decisions and then we track what they are doing - they can't help leaving a trail - price change.

#13     Nov 20, 2020
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Ok What was the big mistake?? A trade that you took that you shouldn't have? A trade that you didn't take but should? Too large of a trade? Too small a trade? Closing a trade too early? What? Those would be what I would qualify as "mistakes" by listening to this Cramer. The title of this thread said "Big Mistake, I had CNBC on with Cramer"!! Ok everybody knows Cramer does his thing for rating and is basically there for entertainment. Nothing new there. What was the mistake, the BIG mistake??!! If there was no mistake, what's the point of this thread again??!! Just to tell us Cramer is being an idiot? We all know that already.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    #14     Nov 20, 2020
  5. tango29

tango29

I quit listening to Cramer's calls and such over a decade ago, but as I said I do keep a Bloomberg or CNBC running to catch any big news. Usually they are after the fact as far as spikes in the market, but I can then evaluate the reason and use it in evaluating the validity of the spike in conjunction with price action. It runs in the back ground as a source.
    My rant this morning was about Cramer attacking the CEO of Pfizer because he wasn't going to be first in line to get a vaccine. It was unreal how he seemed to think he should be getting it before so many others, like healthcare workers, first responders etc..

#15     Nov 20, 2020
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Ok some quick advice: If you want to trade news, CNBC is NOT the place to go. There are lot more sources that will deliver news to you faster. CNBC is not it. If you like to check CNBC for news after the fact, then DON'T leave it on and watch it before your trading. Like @maxinger said, check it afterwards!

#16     Nov 20, 2020
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Seriously the guy is a clown, and an ignorant clown judging by this segment. I dunno WHY the CEO of Pfizer, the very company who has created this basically an antidote to this virus would bother to even talk to him. The CEO's got way too much time on his hands.

#17     Nov 20, 2020
  8. tango29

tango29

Ok, I'll try this one more time, I'm not using it to trade news, I don't look to trade the news with exceptions like reactions to econ releases, but use the charts for that, while also listening for what it was after the fact. I have it on for big problems, like 9/11, and to at least hear the econ release numbers after the fact. I have been doing this for quite awhile now and am fairly adept at interpreting the numbers after the fact and getting a feel where the market will move after the initial reactions. I am primarily a price action trader, but use everything I have available in conjunction with my plan and adapt on the fly as needed. The exception being I don't use the garbage indicators like stochastics, MACD, etc. Trend lines and plotted prices I use as references is pretty much all I have on my charts.
    Also, the CEO was on as a courtesy to answer questions regarding the vaccine, and Cramer is the one who took it to a stupid place. I really doubt he has too much time on his hands, but does try to help disseminate actual information on the vaccine as opposed to the crap that is thrown out to the public by the loons from both sides. I'm also sure it was an attempted PR shot, but it went off the rails with Cramer jumping in.

#18     Nov 20, 2020
  9. JSOP

JSOP

Cool so what was the mistake? Just by listening to him?

#19     Nov 20, 2020
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

When I first started trading 20+ years ago I too kept CNBC low in the background. Then muted. Finally, in about year two, off. For a long time now I don't even watch the channel aside for the occasional American Greed episode at night.

I'll watch Bloomberg in the evening to see what's happening in Asia. And maybe a short glimpse in the early morning after getting back from my 5-10 mile bike ride.

But purely to see what is happening in the world. Though nothing gained or expected to that is actionable for my way of trading.

After all news can only tell what has already happened.

#20     Nov 20, 2020