Big Mike / AMP Litigation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swan Noir, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Came in this morning:

Hello, Swan Noir!
    August 2nd 2014 Announcement
    Hi guys,

AMP Global Clearing (aka AMP Futures) sued BMT on February 4th 2014 regarding posts made on the forum.

It was my belief that AMP's demands were unreasonable and without merit. I've had to hire attorneys to defend the community from AMP before, and this time was no different. I was not willing to roll over and delete the posts without a fight.

Why fight it? I wanted to ensure that BMT's reputation for honesty and integrity were maintained, and that BMT remained a place where traders can communicate about the industry and the companies within it, sharing their honest experiences without the vendor being able to simply delete anything written about it that they object to.

Since February, I have maintained a thread on BMT where all the public documents related to the lawsuit were accessible. This included every document filed with the court by both parties, as well as a transcript of oral arguments, and then ultimately the ruling.

I have provided these documents because I wanted to be fully transparent and allow everyone to read all the material and reach their own conclusions about the merit of AMP's case. When reading these documents, you may wish to consider that just because something is declared to be an accurate or true statement from the prosecutor, it was never proven to be accurate or true from BMT's point of view.

On July 24th the judge ruled the lawsuit dismissed with prejudice. This was a victory, although it came at the price of having to spend a lot of time and resources on the lawsuit. I firmly believe we did the right thing, and am happy to see the judge agree by not only dismissing the lawsuit, but doing so with prejudice.

The discussion thread is located here:
    Lawsuit thread: AMP vs BMT

It is because of this wonderful community that we have all built together that I felt so compelled to defend it. It was, and is, worth fighting for! I want to thank everyone for their support, as always.

Thank you,