Big Majorities Oppose Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Dream on. Anyway, no one pays much attention to him now.

#31     Mar 28, 2006
  2. Yes, I quite agree. People are not paying attention to Bush.

#32     Mar 28, 2006

3. That's hardly surprising. Many of them are pure Indians who haven't even assimilated properly into Mexican culture yet.

The American people, by and large, don't seem to care about anything though. They're too concerned about not being seen as racist. Fair enough. I hope it all works out for the better for you. And I just pray no one in Australia will follow your idiotic example.

(I was speaking to this American here in Thailand last night. He said he'd been to Australian and started to wax romantic about all the diversity in Melbourne, like, you know... the restaurants. That's the first time I've ever heard anyone actually venture that volunatirly, without it being provoked by being asked to explain just what's so great about diversity anyway - usually the only answer people can think is "the restaurants/the food". With thinking like this, good luck. You guys are going to need it.)

#33     Mar 29, 2006
  4. We're seeing any example of the joys of multiculturalism in Iraq right now. Various ethnic groups and religious sects, all loyal only to themselves, viciously battling for primacy or survival. We saw an earlier example in the Balkans. Can anyone who sees those mobs of contemptuous mexicans marching under their flag doubt that the US will see similar conflict before long?

#34     Mar 29, 2006
  5. Virtually your entire elite doubts it. As does virtually every supposedly "conservative" poster on this board. Or else they feel that, despite any violence that may arise, it's all for some mysterious "greater good".

It's amusing to read (post-ish)modern "experts" professorially explaining how other great peoples and empires of the past fell: they mismanaged their economies, they were territorially stretched, they exhausted their natural resources, they chopped down all their trees, they didn't have women's rights, they didn't hug their gays etc. What is seldom mentioned is the unchecked movement of populations.

The Roman Empire didn't just die a "natural" death, as though its time was somehow "up"; it was overrun by marauding hordes, absorbed in their own self-interest, who plundered it and left it a shadow of its past. The parallels are grim indeed.

#35     Mar 29, 2006