Big Mac pulls even in fresh AP Poll, read it and weep Pinko Bitches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Rennick, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Gord

Gord

You don't know how to use an internet search engine?!? Sheesh! I know children that could find the articles I found...

#51     Oct 22, 2008
  2. wjk

wjk

Let me help you out. From the article:

She said there are some members of Congress who want to impose "pay-fors" now. "I don't think that that position will prevail," she said.

That shouldn't be too hard to understand.

#52     Oct 22, 2008
  3. You can't possibly be "that" stupid. You just opened a lead on NeoRio1 in the race for most stupid ET poster....

#53     Oct 22, 2008
  4. Gord

Gord

I told you once before - it's not my job to keep you informed. Either learn to use a search engine or get lost...

#54     Oct 22, 2008
  5. "I don't think that position will prevail" in politico speak is NEVER. so ?
    Would you please talk to your GOP friends and tell them to stop fucking with Short Selling ?

#55     Oct 22, 2008
  6. Are you unaware that the bailout failed to recieve a majority of GOP votes in the House?

#56     Oct 22, 2008
  7. you know how to make use of copy/ paste. or just copying the link from the address bar and pasting it here for all of us to see. Yannis does it about 1,500 times a day.

If you don't know how to do it. i' apologize. I can help you learn that skill, it's basic. I was cynical, I thought you knew how to do it...you just kept insisting on using a search engine instead of ctrl c(ing) the thing

#57     Oct 22, 2008
  8. wjk

wjk

I don’t have many friends in the GOP. They left me a long time ago, and only get my support because I don’t want Obama in office with a veto proof congress.

This is what Defazio wanted to do. This is from his web page. Now if they didn't want to get republicans on the bill, you really think they wouldn't have taken a harder look? It often starts with just 1 person in congress. I don't believe for a second the dems would not bring this back up to, as Defazio states, remove incentives for short term traders. That would be many of us at this forum...maybe even you, oktiri.

http://www.defazio.house.gov/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=438

"If Democrats continue to back the basic questionable premise of the Bush/Paulson bailout, then we must pay for it. The $700 billion is to protect Wall Street investors, therefore the same Wall Street investors should pay for this infusion of taxpayer money. I have proposed a minimal securities transfer tax of ¼ of one percent. A securities transfer tax would have a negligible impact on the average investor and provide a disincentive to short-term traders. Similar tax proposals have been supported by many esteemed economists such as Larry Summers, John Maynard Keynes and Nobel prize winners Joseph Stiglitz and James Tobin.

There is considerable precedent for this. The United States had a similar tax from 1914 to 1966. The Revenue Act of 1914 levied 7a 0.2% tax on all sales or transfers of stock. In 1932, Congress more than doubled the tax to help finance various programs during the Great Depression. In 1987, Speaker of the House Jim Wright offered his support for a financial transaction tax. And today the UK has a modest financial transaction tax of 0.5 percent."

#58     Oct 22, 2008
  9. Gord

Gord

I don't have justify to you anything that I say here. My post was just a fyi for anyone reading the thread. Like I said, if you don't like it get lost little rat turd...

#59     Oct 22, 2008
  10. wjk

wjk

Let me repeat that part of his quote:

"provide a disincentive to short-term traders"

When it comes to Dems and taxes the word "never" is laughable.

#60     Oct 22, 2008