Big Mac pulls even in fresh AP Poll, read it and weep Pinko Bitches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Rennick, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

oktiri ain't worth the effort. Him and his gang are mounting systematic very shallow attacks against every well thought out posts.

When he is stumped he goes to Wiki, skims a page and comes back thinking he has intelligence.

Its to bad because there are real issues of philsophy to be discussed here.

I am heading for the bench to sit out for awhile.

#41     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Gord

Gord

It took me only a couple of minutes to find a handful of articles about a stock transaction tax. Apparently it was included as a proposal in one of the first 700b bailout plans, to be enacted after five years if any public losses had not been recouped. Congressman Peter Defazio (D) wanted it enacted in the bill immediately. A company called Vertex Inc. has apparently already developed technology to enact the transaction tax.

#42     Oct 22, 2008
  3. wjk

wjk

Obama promises only the wealthy will see tax raises, but he knows very well how close the Senate is to 60+ Dems. If that happens, I believe we will see a definition of "the wealthy" brought down considerably for the purpose of taxation.

#43     Oct 22, 2008
  4. 1-- Your assertion is a discredited lie. They're talking about a fine on the banks that took part on the bailout to recoup the tax payer's bailout money spent on banks (That's your money too dumbfuck, you only seem to be interested in taxes & fairness when they're levied by democrats)

2-- If they wanted to implement such a tax, why wait 5 years ? since in 5 years ,we'd have another election, a new congress.

Wrong & Wrong.

GOP Voter = White trash.(The only "truth" holding this week )

#44     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Gord

Gord

I just read these articles a few minutes ago - how can they be discredited? :confused:

#45     Oct 22, 2008
  6. TGregg

TGregg

There's no question that "The Rich" will become code for "Anybody not on the government dole".

#46     Oct 22, 2008
  7. wjk

wjk

The transaction tax was taken off the table to make the bailout bill more palpable to the nays. Here is an article about it. The door was left open. Dem 60+ Senate = anything goes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE48O7X720080925

#47     Oct 22, 2008
  8. post a link !!!!! or attach the article
    I read FightTheFuture AP link that said exactly what I mentioned in my post..It's not a transaction fee, it's a fine levied on financial institutions (C, Bank of America...) put in the bill for taxpayer protection.

#48     Oct 22, 2008
  9. This election will be tight. Obama's best hope is a massive turnout by those who haven't chosen to participate in the past. The polls mean nothing. No one who understands the American psyche can underestimate the importance of race. That should be obvious to anyone who reads P & R. There are a (relatively) huge number of guys here who don't want Obama in office because he's black.

#49     Oct 22, 2008
  10. and what does "Off the table" mean ?
    Geez, and you wonder why Palin's infant suffers from Down syndrome. It's systemic among you, people.

EDIT: Some lame ass Oregon democrat circulated a "letter" advocating the loony move. Language was NEVER in any bill.

#50     Oct 22, 2008