Big Mac pulls even in fresh AP Poll, read it and weep Pinko Bitches

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Rennick, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Interesting question raised.
    The markets are always right with a certain probability probably in the super high 90s, The same way polls have accuracy. +-3.
    Polls rely on representative samples.
    Markets rely on informed market participants.

Now, it's obvious, that markets with higher volume, more participants and more at stake reflect with more accuracy the current state of affairs.
    You wouldn't "perceive" that from watching the DOW beaten up and down like a rag doll for the past weeks but it does. Extreme Volatility reflect the craziness of the federal market moves to save "us" and the falling dominos (failed hedge funds, failed countries : Iceland, Hungary, Argentina, coming next near you, failing municipal & corporate bonds) . big events, big ripples. Big erratic moves in fact do not reflect a failure of the theory, they reinforce it.

I solidified my belief in efficient market theory just while writing this post.
    Oh yeah and Intrade is right, Obama is totally going to win.

#31     Oct 22, 2008
  2. Lastest IOWA futures market has Obama at 86.4 very close to INTRADE.
    Seneca

#32     Oct 22, 2008
  3. The markets are always right in the long term but not when the stock has been over hyped. AHA!

#33     Oct 22, 2008
  4. Hannity still thinks McCain can win. He will.

#34     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Is Fox saying that? Because it's so unlikely at this point that it is quite delusional to think that he will.

#35     Oct 22, 2008
  6. jem

jem

big lode.

Obama Pelosi Reid. No mongering needed.
    Dems have already floated the idea of taxing trades.

#36     Oct 22, 2008
  7. Evidence ?
    The only time I heard about taxing traders was on Bill O'Reilly's show bitching about oil "speculators"

oh and who banned Short Selling ?
    Stop the scare mongering

#37     Oct 22, 2008
  8. Oktiri come on man. Pelosi and Reid wanted to put transaction taxes on trading. Everyone knows that dumbass.

#38     Oct 22, 2008
  9. http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSWBT00986620080927
    U.S. Democrats seek Wall Street tax in bailout plan

If Pelosi and her clones can imagine and speak of taxing "financial institutions after five years", that really means early next year if smilin' 0bama wins, and everyone that has a dollar invested will be taxed.

Early next year they will be saying things are so much worse than we thought. Solution? Increase taxes, fees, etc.

#39     Oct 22, 2008
  10. You're either lying or misinformed .
    The FEE would be a fine on financial institutions who took part in the bailout. Not a transaction fee on trades. They're not crazy, the markets would lose lots of their liquidity if all short term traders were to withdrew.

Did you read the article you posted ???
    I'm tired of Republican lies, I've yet to read one convincing argument here NOT to vote for Obama.

#40     Oct 22, 2008