Big grain reports on March 28

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Brighton, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Obviously most people will. It's a zero sum game.

#11     Mar 28, 2013
  2. heech

heech

I hear synthetics on front month corn traded down to 677 (locked at 690). I personally got some trades off on that plunge, all the more reason they should NEVER go back to pre-market reports... I can guarantee you we would have been locked limit down for all the grains this morning if this report came out pre open.

#12     Mar 28, 2013
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I am ashamed at what I did today. I was waiting for this report since the beginning of the week, but somehow I messed up with the release time( we have not changed to summer hours yet here in Europe + NY time on USDA website + Confusion with former grain hours ). I was at the coffee machine when it happened. I heard like 20 orders filled instantly....Yes you can make fun of me...:p

#13     Mar 28, 2013
  4. heech

heech

It's very nice that you can laugh at yourself. :) I'm glad you had a great month coming into today!

And think positively, 3 more months until we have to go through something quite this nasty. (But I swear, by everything holy to me, that if the CBOT finds a way to force USDA reports back to off-line hours... I'm never trading these products again.)

#14     Mar 28, 2013
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

More like one year...Not all quarterly stocks report end up like that...It's just that I was almost feeling like a Professional lately... Focused, aware ...and BAM...The stupidest mistake on the only day that counts.:D

I remember you had a little "adventure" on october 2010 WASDE if I am right. I agree that getting killed when the market is open and when it's closed is completely different. In a thread from 2008, someone was caught short Minneapolis wheat when it went limit up for 2 weeks in a row. I guess the guy wasn't able to exit using synthetics for some reason. You could smell fear out of the thread.:(

#15     Mar 28, 2013