Big grain reports on March 28

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Brighton, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Brighton

Brighton

But you wouldn't know it from today's "VIX" for corn, soybeans and wheat (Chicago wheat).

[​IMG]

2. lx008

lx008

I guess that USDA as the supporter of US agriculture export should make the number supportive for the commodities. The stocks are ridiculous low and weather 'd always be a huge challenge anyway.

3. Is it my imagination or is the possibility of a repeat of last year's drought not built in? Everything I'm seeing shows news re this that is not good. The url I linked to has the temp and precip forecasts for this year & they both show the middle of the country to be forecasted as hot and dry.

4. Wow, completely missed that. I was looking at the calendar on the USDA website and didnt see this one. Any where else I can see a calendar for Grains announcements?

http://www.ers.usda.gov/calendar/2013.aspx

5. agweb.com

Beans and corn down 40+

6. Brighton

Brighton

ManinJapan,

This one from USDA NASS includes the reports that were released today.

http://www.nass.usda.gov/Publications/Reports_By_Date/2013/March_2013.asp

You need to watch these three depts within the USDA:

NASS - national agric statistics service
    ERS - economic research service
    FAS - foreign agric service

The USDA may have a master calendar, but I don't know where it is. I use the above departmental sites or a $20 'almanac' from the Hightower Report guys. The 2013 Hightower Commodity Trading Guide contains a lot of other data for all commodity markets; it's well worth $20.

7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Tough day...Wow... Glad it happened at the end of a great month.

8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

9. Seems alot of people got tagged on this, including me!!

10. vicirek

vicirek

Maybe USDA report has more to do with inflation metrics and food prices related to USDA food stamps program rather than grains itself. I see long shadow of Ben over this report.

#10     Mar 28, 2013