Big Brother

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Wallet

Wallet

All the media wants to do is portray the innocent being assaulted, while they ignore the fact that the police were outnumbered 10+ to 1, and the fact that the protesters were given a lawful order and deadline to disband and move from the vicinity.

While the use of pepper spray seems harsh, it was far less damaging to the protesters as it would have been to physically separate them being as they interlocked their bodies. When that got physical it could have easily escalated.

The Police simply defused the situation.

#11     Nov 20, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm with you.

#12     Nov 20, 2011
  3. JamesL

JamesL

About time they started protesting the source of one of their complaints - exorbitant school debt.

I could never figure out what shitting on a downtown resident's doorstep had to do with high college tuitions. :confused:

#13     Nov 20, 2011
  4. JamesL

JamesL

Yes. They could have called in the National Guard and got totally different results than tearing eyes.

#14     Nov 20, 2011
  5. Wallet

Wallet

A product of their overpaid liberal educations.

#15     Nov 20, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

I wanted to see them use the Tazer's i was curious if it would have travelled through the entire chain if they just tazed the guy on the end. :D

#16     Nov 20, 2011
  7. Arnie

Arnie

From Wiki:

Patriot Act:

The Act was passed in the House by 357 to 66 (of 435) and in the Senate by 98 to 1 and was supported by members of both the Republican and Democratic parties.

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: [2] roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" — individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups

Dept of Homeland Security:

Passed in House 205-132 (88 dems voted yes)
    Passed in Senate 90-9

TSA passed the Senate in a roll call vote 100-0

Passed in House with no objection. A record of each representative's position was not kept.

#17     Nov 20, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

If it did work it would be more energy efficient. "Green" as it were. LOL

#18     Nov 20, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

LOL.:D

#19     Nov 20, 2011
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Max is brilliant. Yes, we'll connect these curs to each other nose ring to ear ring to nose ring with paper clips and Taze the entire group at one time. Freaking poetic.

I would probably pay to see that. :)

#20     Nov 20, 2011