Big Bounce Candidate- Canadian Solar CSIQ

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Canadian Solar swings to a loss; shares fall
    -- Canadian Solar Inc. (CSIQ :

Shares fell 8.9% to $9.86 in Wednesday morning trade after the China-based company reported a fourth-quarter net loss of $5.18 million, or 21 cents a share. In the same quarter last year, the company posted a net profit of $688,000, or 4 cents a share. Excluding certain items, the loss in the 2006 fourth quarter came in at $1.67 million, or 7 cents s share. Revenue rose to $24.4 million from $6.8 million. The company forecast 2007 revenue of $220 million to $230 million.

>> Stoney wonders if there isn't an opportunity here-
    the near 10% drop in shares flushed the stock beneath it's 50 and 200 day. Using a proprietary system called sell spike analysis that I invented yesterday I have come up with some targets. $10.77 down sell spike (rise in down volume) takes the stock down to $9.00 bad earnings. Stk bounces to $9.63. First target then is
    $10.75 a one point trade. $10.75 is also the 50 day!Second sell spike occurred at $11.68 to $11.88 area> This will be our resistance area since $11.22 is the 200 day. The key will be willingness to sell at these points as well as buy again if they should be taken out to the upside. Each time the stk crosses a former sell barrier those that sold may rethink their decision and buy in again thus adding to the rally. Then what we have is the potential to grab $1 and maybe a lot more if they can land a big contract.

Now back to that earnings report: Revenue rose to $24.4 million from $6.8 million. The company forecast 2007 revenue of $220 million to $230 million. Ok expenses out of control raw silicon pollimer or whatever the hell they use is in short supply for 1 more year... but Rev did more than tipple! It's easy to lose sight of that when you look at the dog ugly chart. 07 rev of $220-$230 mln is not to shabby either. I'm taking a chance with Canadian Solar today. ~ stoney