big bank traders vs all

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by xxfunguyxx, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Anyone who wishes can search NTRS and see when it was traded and when it appeared on the camtasias.

There you will see the trades I referred to. I'm sure trader666 has done this and has this info archived.

As trader 666 points out I have used his representation to show what NTRS (a S%P 500 stock at this time) is capable of now. Only 10 and 20% trades a day.

NTRS's rank has declined as the corporation has grown. This is the normal eventuality for most high quality corps in terms of EPS. As they are tenured, they stay in the universe and occasionally they get into the batting order.

For those who have a serious interest in position trading, it is worth while to follow the journals (or read past journals) as a way of building yourminds and then practice the techniques and have them in your trading plan as part of your business plan.

The years we have spent in ET are coming to a close as many have figured out.

As you see by the recent perfomance of NTRS in the posted annotation using the P, V, three indicators on stocks in a Universe that is maintained is a very practical way to make money all the time with streams of capital in a PVT trading setting.

As time passes platforms improve and new indicators come into existance. The Q charts "unusual volume" is an example. since it did and I was working on a mentoring project locally to turn a 100,000 dollars into a million dollars in a minumum of time, I took the 22JUN07 camtasia and over wrote the camtasia illustrated transcription with the work that was done on 08OCT07 and applied 09OCT07, a Sunday and Monday, respectively.

This 77 page pdf document short title is "Putting the Pieces Together". there you see the preparation done on Sunday unfold on Monday and you also see that the planning was done for most of the week as wel.

By presenting a snagit of the Qcharts lists containing the "unusual volume" Periodically (starting with 7 or 8 minute frequency, you can actually see how the day unfolds and the trading was affected to take advantage of using the hot list and the Universe. You also see how the Sunday work was on target with respect to the total opportunity.

To work on increasing the number of turns a year involves a lot of things. In the PPT document, you see this in action where making an exit in one stock provides money to enter the next stock on the batting order. You also see how two "pinch hitters" are used to step up if they are more ready to bat before the currently listed potential stock.

I am also fortunate to have people like trader666 around to point out whatever he wishes; to backtest what ever he chooses how ever he decides. It make a record of how a person can look at the algorithm, templates and trading systems and techniques within. They have so far demonstrated how two important principles in learning to trade are in contrast.

Today, here we got to see both occur. One learning principle is transference, the other is translation. Any person can do either. Transference works and is examplified by the journal's dialog. Trader666 is doing translation by taking what I say and doing with it what he wishes to do. I am not speaking of doing trading in Trader666's case.

PVT does entries and exits regarding NTRS as you see from the annotations in my posts and the post of Point One. This is an example of transference of PVT.

Trader666 doesn't "get it" with respect to knowledge, skills and doing the work to do transference, that is simply not his purpose.
    He is the greatly needed example of why a lot of people should not embark on SCT or PVT or use the pool extraction paradigm.

Transference has many pitfalls. Getting those to happen at the beginning of an attempt is important. Not being able to use what is required often leads to substitutes. Often people show up late in an ongoing process and they, being smarter than those they know, skip steps and don't "get it" as a consequence. Inventing also plays a counter role in transference. Since most people are smarter than the sources they use, they invent great stuff to improve what they aren't learning. Finally, there is what people bring to the table. Early posts point this out best. The 18 common mistakes in WJO's book should be in the history section of every business plan constructed. This baggage is important to take into account. transference is impeded by the neuro plasticity requirement to displace and "work around" baggage. If this can't happen, then learning to trade any new approach by transference isn't going to happen.

We deal with all of these things and we usually aren't successful. The mistakes of doing translation instead of transference are more than difficult to overcome.

So trader666 keep up the good work. ET needs you carrying the torch you never put down.

#51     Jul 31, 2008
  2. Nice attempt to muddy the waters but the fact remains that you didn't know NTRS is an SP500 stock Anyone who reads the thread can see for themselves.

As for my testing of your "methods" here is how I did it and here are the equity curves for anyone who's interested.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1936900#post1936900

Anyone who does their due diligence by reading my posts in detail and the replies of you and your toadies will save themselves from wasting a lot of time with your crap. Which, in my opinion, you make as complex and subjective as possible to avoid backtesters and to keep noobs coming back for more.

P.S. Your concept of the price volume relationship is fundamentally flawed because if you test it "as is" in the attached paper, it fails miserably. You claim now that this paper only applies to a prescreened universe (NOT mentioned ANYWHERE in the paper), so apparently your concept is not so broad after all.

If you really understood the price, volume relationship you'd know that it doesn't require such training wheels and applies without preconditions.

#52     Jul 31, 2008
  3. dima777

dima777

what is the diffrence between alg and ta?

#53     Aug 14, 2008
  4. Wow, this thread was totally hijacked by Jack. Unreal.

#54     Aug 30, 2008
  5. kandlekid

kandlekid

#55     Mar 19, 2009