Bidu

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Lights, Sep 9, 2005.

1. gimp570

gimp570

this thing is up after hours also...could someone know something about the earnings ?

#41     Oct 30, 2006
  2. gimp570

gimp570

BIDU is up over 3 1/2 pts pre market.....

#42     Oct 31, 2006
  3. Everytime I play BIDU near earnings... they dissapoint. It is down 8 pts today. Any reason why? I just bought a call that was at 2.35 yesterday at .9 today. Are they going to screw up again with tomorrow's earnings?

#43     Oct 31, 2006
  4. So stop trading it long and SHORT IT.

#44     Oct 31, 2006
  5. I am not buying the stock, I am buy 07 options. It was at 2.3 yesterday. bought it today at .90. It is now 1.10. It should still be able to go higher. The question I have is everytime they approach earnings, they almost always blow it. How come it is the same run up every earnings season?

#45     Oct 31, 2006
  6. gimp570

gimp570

thi is why they were down today...i think

BIDU Baidu.com: Potential of some increased risk for Baidu's Q3 performance - Piper (92.00 -4.00) -Update- *****

Piper Jaffray says they have learned that there is the potential of some increased risk for Baidu's Q3 performance. Whereas until now they believed the co could meet and possibly exceed the top end of the rev guidance, some of their most recent contacts suggest that the change in pricing during the quarter may have caused some drop off in number of customers and hence the top line may be weaker than expected. They note that channel information from China is sometimes imprecise but their conclusion is that there is some increased risk for this afternoon's earning release. The firm views potential weakness in Q3 as a hiccup rather than a structural problem, unless there are any signs of demand slowdown, which they have not heard of.

#46     Oct 31, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

if goog split 7 for 1 it would then become a buy.
    another cognoscenti.

#47     Oct 31, 2006
  8. What a drop!!!....The put play worked....Thanks RM....

#48     Oct 31, 2006