Bidu

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Lights, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Cant issue reports during the quiet period.

#21     Sep 14, 2005
  2. lmn

lmn

Just wonder, can individual traders short BIDU now? The 30-day period has passed, has it not?

#22     Sep 14, 2005
  3. after 30 dyas becomes shortable

#23     Sep 14, 2005
  4. Then how did it get on the Reg SHO list for 19 days??????????? At best, the hedgies will tell you that stock was sold long and simply not delivered. Isn't that the same thing?

If life was fair, Elvis would be alive, and all the impersonators would be dead.

#24     Sep 14, 2005
  5. It was available with GS from day one.

#25     Sep 14, 2005
  6. JORGE

JORGE

Not being able to short IPO's for 30 days is a myth. While the underwriters can not lend stock for 30 days, institutions not involved with the IPO can lend the stock immediately, provided they have inventory. It normally takes a few days for this inventory to become available.

#26     Sep 14, 2005
  7. SteveD

SteveD

Keep in mind that Goldman always said it was worth only $27. That is what the IPO was priced at. After the opening the "market" takes over and it trades as it trades.

Should be quite difficult for anyone to sue Goldman, LOL

Their defense: told you so, told you so

SteveD

#27     Sep 14, 2005
  8. I don't think anyone mentioned suing Glodman

I thought quiet periods were 30 days not 45. My mistake for saying something was fishy, I should of kept Quiet and done my research Period!!!

Anyway I did find this site after doing some research. Tells you exactly when quiet periods are over. http://www.ipohome.com/marketwatch/quiet.asp

#28     Sep 15, 2005
  9. lmn

lmn

I still don't understand. How does the 'quite period' affect an IPO stock? :confused:

#29     Sep 15, 2005
  10. SteveD

SteveD

After "quite" period of 30 days, BD can and will issue research reports. 99.9% of the time those reports are very bullish giving the stock a nice little "Pop".

This time the reports were negative, LOL. Just to keep everybody honest.

I don't remember ever seeing that before.

SteveD

#30     Sep 15, 2005