BIDU - ipo day trading stories

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by seasideheights, Aug 6, 2005.

1. What the hell is going on here. ET is being overrun by SPAMMERS.

P.S.- You should have made a million "papertrading" BIDU.

#41     Aug 7, 2005
  2. mike2

mike2

Listen up Horn Dude. This is a post about BIDU and I wrote about how someone traded BIDU. Just because i name a site does not mean I am spamming. Does it occur to you that if I was spamming I would say that I really made that much? And it was not so impossible to make that kinda money on BIDU today. Calm down and get a life man.

P.S. Maybe you are mad just like me for not trading BIDU:D

Michael

#42     Aug 7, 2005
  3. Let's see, if you got in at $85.02, that had to be between 12:22 and 12:23.

The earliest someone could have gotten in and out with a profit of 15 points was being in at the low of 65 and out at 80 at 12:17. Furthermore, the post on positionplays.com about the trader who got the 15 point run-up was dated 12:27, and also said "As this blog entry is being typed, the stock is up over 70 dollars per share", meaning the price was over $97, and that didn't happen until 12:26.

So I'm curious when you claim to have read the helpful blog post and when you decided to jump in.

It's also interesting to read positionplay's disclaimer at http://www.positionplays.com/disclaimer.html:

I'm wondering why anybody would get their stock picks from a site like this.

#43     Aug 7, 2005
  4. mhashe

mhashe

I use the 80/20 rule to filter posts.

80% is B.S.

20% is worth paying attention to.

These days it's more like 90/10

#44     Aug 7, 2005
  5. Babak

Babak

I just stumbled on www.waxiespickstothemoon.com on Friday and happened to catch a few trades that on paper made me richer than the Sultan of Brunei.

Waxie is the best!

#45     Aug 7, 2005
  6. They are one of the information services I use, I don't give a damn who you are but results are results, I never knew people flipped a wig so easily. New to this board and it is always nice to get a welcome from some a-holes. I am not selling you anything, don't want too. I just mentioned where I got my information from it sure as hell wasn't from you.

#46     Aug 7, 2005
  7. ifinitis

ifinitis

You would never have those results using real money. The psychological and emotional pressure of fear and greed using real money are not inherent in paper trading. I could add other reasons but you get my point I hope.

#47     Aug 7, 2005
  8. You have too much time to do that amount of detective work.

#48     Aug 7, 2005
  9. Bluefox

Bluefox

Hey thanks for the reply. It was very helpful, interesting and certainly not B.S!

#49     Aug 7, 2005
  10. zenith

zenith

Bought at around 97, sold at 137. Only 50 shares ... just another day of trading...

#50     Aug 7, 2005