BIDU - ipo day trading stories

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by seasideheights, Aug 6, 2005.

1. The custom is to actually post a few times before promoting your site. But you managed to do it on your first post.

#31     Aug 7, 2005
  2. wanted to buy it off the open..but the system went down...I know there are a lot of other pissed swifties out there :mad:

#32     Aug 7, 2005
  3. ba3698

ba3698

Why did the system go down? Was it a routine job or a software upgrade that went wrong? If it was the latter, bad day to upgrade the software considering they could have waited one day and done it over the weekend to ensure there was no down time.

#33     Aug 7, 2005
  4. M Vega

M Vega

hehe LOL

#34     Aug 7, 2005
  5. zdreg

zdreg

or complains their system went down at bidu opening or they not allowed yo buy bidu etc.

#35     Aug 7, 2005
  6. zdreg

zdreg

i thought i was the only one who had that opinion. maybe we should conduct a poll. by the way you allowed yourself a little leeway by using the word exactly and actually.:D

#36     Aug 7, 2005
  7. telozo

telozo

I remember reading an article about a guy who bought all the public shares of an OTC stock, filed some papers with SEC to state his ownership, and still, days after, there was activity in the stock. The guy filled a lawsuit for illegal shorting. People were still trading shares that were not there anymore. :D

#37     Aug 7, 2005
  8. I am assuming you are new to trading based on the fact that you are paper trading, and it blows my mind that you would even think to get involved in BIDU. This is EXACTLY why so many fail at trading.

#38     Aug 7, 2005
  9. I'm not sure what was wrong exactly. The entire Swift-Trade system was down at the start of the day because of some clearing problem. Then it came back up for like 20 min and then people couldn't cancel pending or make new orders and it crashed again 40 min before BIDU started trading.

me = very pissed

and yes...I expected to be flamed for an "after the fact" post..but think about it...I didn't make any money...what do I have to gain?

#39     Aug 7, 2005
  10. Making trades on a crazy IPO with a tiny float based on a blog from some worthless website. Either you are a compulsive liar or you are a moron.

My guess is you are liar, a moron, and have a stake in that shitty trading website you just pumped.

#40     Aug 7, 2005