BIDU earnings

Discussion in 'Options' started by scriabinop23, Feb 14, 2007.

1. gangof4

gangof4

i'll take your first scenario (to 80)! i looked @ selling an iron butterfly also but, the more i thought about the history of this stock @ earnings, the more i thought we'd see a good sized move. i looked @ all different combo's and finally, when the 115 strad came down to 9, i figure i can live with the risk reward that BIDU moves >9, so i just bought the straddle- small position.

be careful on the exit, as this stock can really whipsaw after earnings.

#11     Feb 14, 2007
  2. candeo

candeo

NTRI up big AH, we should be doing well if it opens at these levels. Now, the question is IV. Do you know what ave historical volatility is on it?

#12     Feb 14, 2007
  3. In this dream of yours, will you be holding short Feb ITM Puts into Friday?

#13     Feb 14, 2007
  4. here ya go
    BTW, thanks for the good trade. I think that'll be nice for me at least.

Also BIDU is looking good.. holding support even with downward revised earnings. Judging by lack of general movement, I anticipate IV collapse will be beautiful.

#14     Feb 14, 2007
  5. yea ... also ... part of the reason i'm hedged out in March puts as well ...

Looks to be holding up.

#15     Feb 14, 2007
  6. candeo

candeo

Thanks for the IV chart. Do you think IV will drop, even with the stock up 20%? BIDU looking real good for you, well done.

#16     Feb 14, 2007
  7. yea IV will definitely drop.
    no suspense anymore.

Look at goog, even up many many pts.

#17     Feb 14, 2007
  8. gangof4

gangof4

umm, huh? you misread my post. i am long (quite unfortunately, the way things are looking) the straddle, short nothing. sure looks like i am going to be an iv dump casualty...

#18     Feb 14, 2007
  9. Sorry mate. That was meant for scriabinop23 and he already answered.

Good Luck to the both of you. An IV crush is imminent.

#19     Feb 14, 2007
  10. yea no celebrating until market open (although i'm gleeful at the moment).

hopefully it'll open at 115 for me to exit my straddles, and then move up or down 50 pts just for you. (and me.. i may leave some of my strangles open). then we all win.

#20     Feb 14, 2007