Bidu Bidu Bidu

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by spiritearth, Oct 18, 2011.

1. I saw you lost a lot shorting SINA just now. Sorry for your loss.. I agree the China stocks are crazy.. but then again the market seems to be going down as a whole.

#21     Oct 19, 2011
  2. Chasing past losses, and keeping emotionally involved with past trades into your future ones, your stepping into the barriers of just gambling my friend.

#22     Oct 19, 2011
  3. Here is my recommandation with $3,000. 150 shares of JPM warrants which equals about half your cash. And either branch off by buying undervalued financials or high div. income stocks.

Option 1: Goldman Sacs, Credit Suisse, or even some BAC warrants.
    Option 2: EXG, QQQX, NLY and such.

#23     Oct 19, 2011
  4. thanks Mr. Doodi,

I know I am overly optimistic at times but studying the charts to me seems to say your recommendations are sound and that these stocks could very well come back up, should the market do well..

How do I go about getting warrants from JPM and the other undervalued financials using Sharebuilder?

I like your idea of branching off.. I guess it reduces to risk in half so I will likely heed your advice.

For the second part I would probably consider the undervalued financials first, being GS and CS. Would maybe consider NLY.

It's a tough choice for me between GS and CS, though.

Will definitely consider this. I was scared of going into the financial sector previously, but it does appear to be undervalued. Then again.. so did CLF to me and it was down 7% today to 57!

\

#24     Oct 20, 2011
  5. Of course, and now Yahoo is in the mix with a buy-out.
    What is keeping this market from going down ?
    Hope....and lots of cash on the sidelines.....with no place else to go !

#25     Oct 20, 2011
  6. Warrents trade just like stocks so you might have to find the particular ticker. Probably something like jpm.w or some variation of that, that is if sharebuilder offers warrents. It tracks and trades at 2x leverage of the underlying so it gives you a bang for your bucks.

NLY reaffirmed their dividend so that is safe. Not much on share price appreciation but it's a trade off.

#26     Oct 20, 2011
  7. I trade SINA every day/week; got caught by surprise with some news story that propelled the stock up 14 but next few days it came back down 12; the stock is crazy.

But when I told you to buy it went up 10-15 points and you didn't buy a share

#27     Oct 20, 2011
  8. Yeah iceman, I should have known to snatch up SINA/BIDU/NTES when they were at their lowest levels. Can't change my bad decisions now, though.. can only learn from them.

And now I know to take your advice more seriously because you seem to know your stuff. I appreciate you telling me even if I didn't profit from the suggestion =)

#28     Oct 20, 2011
  9. I also should say that I finally did listen, but chose SOHU instead because I thought these stocks were more related than they actually are, but I did listen too late.

I realize my desire to win back my money lost is a lot like gambling so I have been trying to find a sound plan and not act out of impulse, this is hard for me though.

I see JPM, CLF, CS and NLY made some decent gains today.

MCD, BIDU, WYNN down, but surprising CYOU went up.

#29     Oct 20, 2011
  10. Anyone else think BIDU is good for an earnings play now?

Or should I hold off until Monday? I know GS just downgraded the stock but probably because they wanted it themselves??

Earnings this Thursday.

#30     Oct 21, 2011