Bidu Bidu Bidu

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by spiritearth, Oct 18, 2011.

1. not just yesterday - that is every day - almost

#11     Oct 19, 2011
  2. sorry for unsubstantiated optimism iceman. I willingly admit to my lack of skill at analyzing stocks, as I have just started trading. Perhaps I should just buy safe stocks like KO or even MCD, which pay dividends.

The stocks I personally "thought" looked good are CLF, BIDU, CYOU, KO, and MCD.

The top three being the most risky ones in my opinion, especially CYOU.

What do you all think? I have only 3,000 to invest so I don't know if its even worth it.

#12     Oct 19, 2011
  3. on that capital if your hoping to dive in and dive out more than once a month id wait till the volatility is calm, newbie would likely get chopped out, however if your investing take two that you feel good reasoning for and buy and hold, play the trend if long term of course would be best odds. really depends if your looking for potential big gains, or a consistent climb. maybe regardless an etf is a good play for a whole sector. if you think the markets are going to calm xiv for a long, but thats not the trend, i dont suggest catching a falling knife for your first trade, and i dont suggest listening to anyone else , make your first decision yours so you can learn from it properly, unless you need your first lesson to be make your own trading decisions. good luck either way.

#13     Oct 19, 2011
  4. wow, CLF dived down. KO and MCD are okay.

CYOU way down.. BIDU way down....

I never know when the knife is going to stop falling =/ How far can bidu really fall with earnings on the 27th. I expect them to do great considering they are a monopoly in China now.

#14     Oct 19, 2011
  5. time frame is just as important as entry, if your planning on holding for a year, what its done the last week is not that important. since your not scalping with 3k, you should not base your desicion of each days action, but look at 3 month minimum, along with 6month, 1 year, 2 year , up to 5 or so, and that along with any other ta, economics data etc.. decide on those things, not the volatile daily chop of the current market, small tip for thinking outside the box, if you find a nice trend but its in a stock that has too low volume or too expensive for you check out http://www.market-topology.com and see what its highly correlated with, and or inversely correlated. also maybe a pairs trade and or a hedged trade may be a comfortable way to enter if you make the right choice. either way im a firm believer you need an edge to some degree, or at least some firm plan . this is important so that when things go wrong you can have firm thoughts on where your decision making may have been wrong, if your just going off basics with out alot of experience in price action then when things go wrong you will only know that your guess was wrong , and hopefully you guess better next time, this will not allow you to grow. and if you want to do yourself a favour dont buy because you think the stock has been falling enough, or sell because you think its gone up enough, this is catching falling knifes, and statistically on longer term trades it will kill you, but this all depends on your time frame, if the trend is up on a 1 year chart, and the past 2 months its dumping, well if your looking longer term as in a year, than a long is ok, so then its ok to catch the knife on that time frame for that length of hold. kinda get it? you need to decide your time frame, than you can research the potential. but if your just wanting quick cash , short term, then short term will be your career also. anyhow ive done enough rambling. but think outside the box, with firm reasoning, have good risk and money managment, LEARN from your mistakes, and you will eventually make it imho.

#15     Oct 19, 2011
  6. ps: BIDU on any chart from one year and under looks like it has plenty of room to fall , maybe even 30 points or more till it continues its long term up trend..... if it is going to
    so even in full faith of this company, the charts pattern at this time is saying time to retrace for a while. and the markets saying f knows.

#16     Oct 19, 2011

7. there is no safe stock in the short term... but if you're an investor for 10 years that different, Are you an investor?

#17     Oct 19, 2011
  8. I want to be an investor really but I did lose some money on SOHU and wanted to gain some back, although it was only $300 dollars, there's still a 10% gain needed to attain that.

I think KO, MCD, YUM seem like the *safest* stocks to me.. but they would probably take a long time to yield 10%. A year would bring about 3%, though.. it seems.

I did want to make the 300 back in the short term (1-2 months)

After that I have no problem with being long term. I have no talent for day trading and I think it's extremely difficult, I wanted to be more like a weekly-monthly trader to get the $300 back, and then default into longer term trades 6 months to a year, or longer.

#18     Oct 19, 2011
  9. I thought you just said that you wanted to buy some cause it was going to explode to the upside after earnings. Do you change your mind daily?

#19     Oct 19, 2011
  10. I still think the stock will go up to $150 area before earnings. Or about 30 points. Yes, my mind does change frequently. Who can really be sure? I still think BIDU is a screaming buy the closer it gets to 100-110.

#20     Oct 19, 2011