Biden’s bread line crisis? Anatomy of the American baby formula shortage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, May 10, 2022.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Will result.If it cant live outside the mother,its not a person.

#131     May 15, 2022
  2. The question is, at what point can "it" live outside the womb? What we know with absolute certainty it can live long before the 9 month full term. Any abortion done after the first trimester needs to be done in an emergency situation only where the life of the mother is in grave danger, and should never be done with taxpayer dollars.

#132     May 16, 2022
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Abortions after 21 weeks are only 1% of all abortions.The right tries to paint it as though most abortions are late term and that is a lie.Most Dems only support late term abortion to save the life of the mother.Its also very expensive requiring a multiple day stay at the hospital and travel because not all abortion doctors do them.

#133     May 16, 2022
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

There are some significantly prominent democrats that don't speak out about late term abortions, and this is part of the reason the right overreacts to the negative on abortion. If extremes on both sides could just settle down, there might be a compromise in this. The mayor of New York was just out saying that he doesn't oppose any abortion, even when asked if he would oppose up to the day of birth (I can probably find the video if you've not seen it and doubt me).

Conservatives who are pro-choice (like myself) really get turned off by the concept of late term and late stage abortions in all but the most extreme cases of protecting the mother's life. If the left wants the support of folks like myself, it needs to stop with the ultra ridiculous standpoint of open, late stage abortions.

#134     May 16, 2022
    CaptainObvious and Tony Stark like this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Here is something like I'm talking about. Now, I get that this person is probably (hopefully?) an anomaly, but this stuff gets press and goes viral and just makes the other side dig in their heels. It keeps us fighting and prevents any compromise.

#135     May 16, 2022
  6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Prominent Dems do need to make it clear this is not the position of the party.It should be pro choice until the baby can live outside the womb with the only exception after that to save the life of the mother.They aren't going to lose many votes taking that position and its not even an issue with only 1% of abortions being after 21 weeks.I personally don't know a single person who supports abortion after the kid can live outside the mother except to save the life of the mother.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    #136     May 16, 2022
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  7. I don't know that the right, generally speaking, is trying to paint all abortions as late term. What I do know is that the extremists at both ends of the spectrum are the root cause of our inability to bring this issue to a reasoned conclusion. That, and the cowards in congress who would rather have the issue than a solution. Tragically there are instances in which abortion is the best choice, all things considered. 21 weeks is probably at the limit of what most reasonable people would be okay with, but the lunatic position of abortion on demand all the way to birth is as insane as the lunatic who is against the morning after pill. It's going to take some leaders with a spine to address this issue, and those are in short supply.

#137     May 16, 2022
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Agree! But when they keep silent for fear of pushing away the more radical members of the party, this is what we get.

#138     May 16, 2022

9. Problem is Roe afforded the right of the state to ban abortions after the viability stage Tony mentions so it struck the best balance in this country. Even the MISS law was somewhat reasonable selecting 15 weeks as long as they had exceptions (did not read whole law).

The group that thinks all abortions are murder even at day 1 or the far left who wants abortions up until the kid is in college can go fuck off because they muddled waters that was somewhat less murky. We know the moral questions posed but ambiguity on morality is often decided in favor of individual rights up to a point.

Now abortion is the new COVID-19...Immigration....voter fraud or whatever both sides want to use to beat the head of voters and scare them into lunacy.

The fact that the last 2 elections and various confirmation hearings had a focus on the Supreme Court solely to push or force a decision on a politically devisive issue bugs the shit out of me as a lawyer. Now states want to pass laws that declare all abortions homicide or make all abortions at any time legal means the difficult balance that we had is being thrown to a bunch of idiots in 50 states.

It also makes me wonder..... what other decisions are the justices going to target that bother them politically....something justices should never do but that is the way the SC functions now on both sides. If the court was liberal they would rush through a 2nd A case to find some limitation so no clean hands here.

#139     May 16, 2022
  10. Baby formula. 42.6% corn syrup. 10.1% sugar.
    Would you give this to a newborn baby?

USBabyFormula.jpg

#140     May 18, 2022