Biden to Urge Federal Reserve to Take on Racial Wealth Gap

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Arnie, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

I'm so sick of the automatic struggle attributed to every person born with anything other than white skin and the auto privilege assigned to any person with white skin. I'm white and my mother left when I was an infant. Haven't seen her since. My father beat the shit out of me until I left at 17. I was in prison by 18 for 4 years of my life where I had nothing more than a job at Wendy's and a court appointed lawyer. When I got out in my early twenties I had nothing more than my GED and filled out an assload of applications for any crap job that would hire me. I got a job in a warehouse where I have worked for 17 years. I kept low to no debt and saved everything and invested in my own trading education, both in actual material as well as losses in the actual market. My success is because of perseverance and has fuck all to do with my skin color. I'd imagine 9 out of 10 minorities have had an easier life than I have yet are automatically attributed a life of struggle and oppression by liberals when chances are they have had far more opportunities in life in the name of diversity.

Most of my friends are minorities, but they know beyond a doubt I am right wing and we argue politics all of the time. They also know good and well I will take them to task if they try and pull any liberal bullshit white privilege argument with me. Data and statistics are not in their favor, or anyone here who would argue it is. They know I am a Trump supporter and the one thing they state outright is they like how even though we are on different sides of the political spectrum, and will debate the hell out of the subject, we get along easily at the end of it.

Enough of the virtue signaling. If you are going to argue something quit bringing emotional 'look at what a great person I am' quips and argue based on unbiased data and facts. That is the only true argument.

#21     Jul 28, 2020
    SouthbeachCTA, d08, Arnie and 4 others like this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Your life sounds like run of the mill average struggles for minorities if I'm honest. Single parents, abusive, growing up influenced by crime is the experience of millions of browns and blacks

#22     Jul 28, 2020
    piezoe and Atikon like this.
  3. There is a clear racist undertone to these discussions, it’s not only about socioeconomic background.

For a second, let’s imagine a situation where inequality did not have a racial aspect to it. Imagine that we had a single-race society yet social/economic inequality was as high as it is today. Plenty of 3rd/2nd world countries are in this situation, e.g. larger EMs like China and Russia. It’s hard to deny that modern central bank policies are very supportive to the current asset owners and thus foster inequality over the long run. FWIW, even besides the societal costs, lack of social mobility kills innovation and creates short-term thinking so it’s a bad thing.

Now imagine that some politician comes out and says “I think the CB should change it’s approaches to increase social mobility and foster innovation”. Nobody would say anything against that because it makes sense to everyone and it’s hard to make an argument that existing corporate entities or private asset owners should get preferential treatment on the taxpayers dime. However, if you frame the problem as an issue of race, suddenly you get a very different response.

#23     Jul 28, 2020
    aWorkInProgress, Atikon and ElCubano like this.
  4. Bugsy

Bugsy

lol, really? Show me the statistics based on actual numbers rather than your soft hearted liberal auto attribution to every minority. Because without it you are basically showing why most minorities consider liberals the actual racist who seem to think minorities cannot get ahead in life without their help.

#24     Jul 28, 2020
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I’m sorry you went through that and commend you for being an outlier. Many minorities have gone through your situation and made it out to become outstanding citizens like yourself. Looking at the whole and not the individual it is much harder to start where you started than where Donny Jr did. That’s my point.

#25     Jul 28, 2020
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Cubans as whole have done an outstanding job of taking a bite out of the American dream. Hell you can’t order a coffee down here if you ain’t speaking Spanish bitches. Lol.

#26     Jul 28, 2020
    jys78 likes this.
  7. Bugsy

Bugsy

Be that as it may, imagine if I held people on this site to some level of standard because of where they came from? Every person makes a series of choices. Some start out high and end low. Others start low and end high. It is a personal choice to commit crimes. I don't attribute my life to anyone beyond my young stupid self. Nobody here owes me because they are white or rich or came from a better spot. Any person here could have done something stupid even if they had money. Even if they got a great lawyer. Every person either succeeds or fails based on a series of personal choices. It is not the next person's responsibility to bear the brunt of another's personal choices. I sure as hell am not going to sit and sulk because "muh hard life" and expect Johnny Rich to come give me a good life. Nobody forces anyone to continuously make poor choices. It is a person's own responsibility to decide to move up or continue to make stupid choices. Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with it.

#27     Jul 28, 2020
    jys78 likes this.
  8. Bugsy

Bugsy

You see. Imagine if the Cubans who escaped the clutches of communism under the Castro regime had come to America thinking America somehow owes them because they had a hard life. They picked themselves up because they are a proud people and grabbed life by the horns and made it theirs. They understood crying about "Oh I have had such a hard life" won't get them anywhere. They used their pain and made something with it.

#28     Jul 28, 2020
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

Nah, I don’t agree. Specially the skin color. But hey thanks for sharing.

#29     Jul 28, 2020
  10. Bugsy

Bugsy

Well you're free to change my mind provided you bring actual unbiased data to back it up. I believe both HUD and FBI provide unbiased raw data based on both age and racial demographics.

#30     Jul 28, 2020