Biden to Urge Federal Reserve to Take on Racial Wealth Gap

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Arnie, Jul 28, 2020.

#11     Jul 28, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  2. Bugsy

Bugsy

While we're currently chasing mythical apparitions perhaps we could do something actually worth trying for and assemble a search team for Ponce De Leone's Fountain of Youth in Bimini no? That's far more real than the racial wealth gap.

[​IMG]

#12     Jul 28, 2020
    Craig66 likes this.
  3. Corky5

Corky5

The racial wealth gap is created by those who dont have what it takes to succeed.
    I actually saw an interesting study regarding college degree’s by blacks. Many blacks simply choose majors that just dont pay well. That is not due to anything racial, its personal decision making and poor choices.

#13     Jul 28, 2020
    SouthbeachCTA, JSOP, Nobert and 2 others like this.
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Ideally, economic prosperity would not correlate with race. One can argue how best to achieve this ideal state. On the other hand, one who argues that racial correlation with prosperity is inevitable, or worse yet, that it is desirable; can not possibly be part of the solution to an obvious problem in our society.

Nice to see Biden addressing this. Whether his plan is good will be worth debating. My own thinking is that what Biden proposes will help, but will prove relatively inefficient.

In the long run, a more effective measure toward achieving the same goal, I would think, would be a return to the public school philosophy extant prior to our failed experiment with Lyndon Johnson's Great Society.* To see improvement, however, we would have to go beyond returning to what worked in the past, because now our public schools have a different mix of children. As a start, we would for example have to halve K through fourth grade class size.
    *There can be no question that society derives great value from our public schools being integrated. However integration brought with it a "one size fits all" approach to education, elimination of tracking, shifting of responsibility from student to teachers and school, and a growing inadequacy of alternative educational opportunity. These unfortunate consequences have moved education in a direction that's bad for society.

#14     Jul 28, 2020
  5. Corky5

Corky5

The best way to address this is for Biden to encourage the black community to stop having so many babies out of wedlock. That is the biggest problem in the black community by far and is a big reason for income disparity.

#15     Jul 28, 2020
  6. Bugsy

Bugsy

May I just take a moment to say that this should have been our first black President. He is worth more than Obama and the previous 5+ before him.

[​IMG]

#16     Jul 28, 2020
  7. lindq

lindq

What a dumb ass comment. Welcome to my ignore list.

#17     Jul 28, 2020
  8. Corky5

Corky5

#18     Jul 28, 2020
  9. Corky5

Corky5

#19     Jul 28, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Being born into inner city violence and all it brings with it is not a choice. Being born with a silver spoon and hand fed everything in life is not a choice.

#20     Jul 28, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.