Biden to end most tax cuts if he wins. This will be intriguing.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jun 29, 2020.

1. gaussian

gaussian

A market that makes sense. Sure the wall street guys will bitch and moan, probably sell off, and maybe even deliberately destroy the market. But at least it'll make sense again. They have far too much capital locked up in their cushy pension funds. Too many retirees are about to start exiting the market.

I really hate to give Biden any support but removing the corporate tax breaks and raising the interest rate might prevent a total economic meltdown when the fed turns off the money printer.

#11     Jun 30, 2020
  2. I don't see Biden being the nominee in November. Once Dems get past August they will find a way to replace Joe. Conspiracy theory I know.

#12     Jun 30, 2020
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  3. It's not just a conspiracy theory, there is a deeply persistent spread (~6%) in betting markets between him winning versus the democrat party winning.

That said, 6% is a pretty low chance of that happening. Make sure you get great odds if you are betting on that belief.

#13     Jun 30, 2020
  4. I agree. Biden is an obvious fall guy. The fix is in.

He can't even string together a coherent sentence. It's amazing that nobody is talking about this.
    His ad on youtube leaves no doubt about it --- medically unfit for office. It's shocking that this guy is even considered a viable candidate.

(You can't make this stuff up.)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    #14     Jun 30, 2020
    KCalhoun, Opcodes and Clubber Lang like this.
  5. Trump's tax cut actually brought in more tax revenue.
    Quite surprised.

#15     Jun 30, 2020
  6. Atlantic

Atlantic

same for trump, maybe.

#16     Jun 30, 2020
    zdreg likes this.
  7. I got 25-1 on that ticket in early April.

#17     Jun 30, 2020
  8. zdreg

zdreg

Why surprised? When rates are cut people are more willingly to pay taxes, e.g. when capital gains taxes are high people don't sell their long term positions. when capital gains taxes are low they sell and increase tax revenue.

#18     Jun 30, 2020
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Remember how much lower our taxes have been under Trump vs Obama?

Biden will raise taxes, and even worse he will try to get ftt passed which would kill daytrading and swingtrading. Just say no to Pelosi/Biden.

Although not happy about how he's handling cv, at least Trump is trader and business-friendly. Democrats just raise taxes and give away our hard earned money.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    #19     Jun 30, 2020
    luckyfnlou likes this.
  10. zdreg

zdreg

It never ceases to amaze how many posters do not understand the mathematics of ftt. They think they can beat it. An ftt of .001 1/10th of 1 percent. puts day traders, swing traders and hft traders out of business.

#20     Jun 30, 2020