Biden Screwing Up In Debate Early

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I love how people just know things that others believe, and poke holes in other people's belief systems just because they don't share them. Ryan's inconsistency with Romney on this issue is no different that Biden's with Obama, regardless of what Biden claims in his church speech. Fact is, it's the platform of their bosses that matter, not theirs.

As for the debate, I haven't chimed in - I wanted to sleep on it. In my opinion, both men did well. A negative for Biden was that his body language and smirk snickering all the time was rude, as were his frequent interruptions - just talking over everyone. It was clear he had no respect for "his friend". Ryan should have interjected more and said things like "hang on, I get allotted time to answer a question, how about you let me do it?" He was too much a pushover for my taste. I think the debate will solidify a Romney lead, as we all start looking forward to next week.

#171     Oct 12, 2012
  2. One thing for sure, SNL will have a field day with Biden's antics. He truly is an embarrassment and difficult to watch. Has all the body language and gestures of a compulsive liar. I really think he would be laughed off a used car lot as just too over the top even for them.

#172     Oct 12, 2012
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Biden's Benghazi statement is going to bite Obama in the ass. I think the Romney campaign used this debate as recon for the next Presidential debate. Ryan just let Biden be Biden and now they know the game plan for the next debate.

#173     Oct 12, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Actually if you were paying attention Ryan explained this exactly, he said his beliefs differed from Romney on this but that Romney the presidents beliefs were that abortion should be legal in the cases of rape/incest.

#174     Oct 12, 2012
  5. This pretty well sums up my take. I totally agree that Ryan blew the Benghazi question. It was a gift from the moderator to him and he let Biden lie his way out of it.

Biden basically spent most of his time playing the class warfare and medi-scare cards, two old reliables for the dems.

Ryna seemed tight out of the box, then did more rejurgitating of talking points than actual debating. His cadence is annoying as well. No flow to it.

I thought the mod was pretty good, up until the end when she wasted too much time on "women's" questions, ie abortion and "what makes you special."

It will be interesting to see how indedependents react to Biden's performance. Obviously he was out to get some energy back into their base, which no doubt loved his clown act. He also wanted to make the case that Romeny/Ryan are lying etc, so he used the exaggerated facial expressions and interruptions. Ryan basically ignored him, but it was hard to do for listeners because the TV kept going to a split screen and highlighting him. Very poor camera directing that detracted from the event.

I thought the event was too long. An hour would have been plenty.

#175     Oct 12, 2012
  6. Biden made a big deal out of Iran not really being a nuclear threat. He's right, they're not really much of a threat with nukes. They don't have to be, and neither does anyone else. Cyber attacks will be much more devastating, and that they do have.

Panetta pressed the group to support the stronger cybersecurity measures, warning that failure to do so could have catastrophic consequences.

"Before September 11, 2001 the warning signs were there. We weren't organized. We weren't ready. And we suffered terribly for that lack of attention," said Panetta. "We cannot let that happen again. This is a pre-9/11 moment."

http://news.yahoo.com/us-hackers-iran-responsible-cyberattacks-072429280--finance.html

#176     Oct 12, 2012
  7. Another way to look at Biden and his antics is he was being himself, as annoying as it was he was being honest. It might be good if more politicians were themselves warts and all and stop the acting.

#177     Oct 12, 2012
  8. After 4 years of Obama we know he has no employment plan, just more entitlements and taxes on the productive.

#178     Oct 12, 2012