Biden rail system

Discussion in 'Economics' started by qlai, Apr 1, 2021.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Most likely city pairs: New York - Chicago. New York - Los Angeles. San Francisco - Los Angeles.

I don't see the rail system to be happening tbh, might be a bit on the passenger side over existing train infrastructure but not developing new ones. Rail system has worked for other countries/continents like Japan, Europe and China because it's deep-rooted in their culture and existing infrastructure. America's culture is about doing its own thing away from everyone else and its infrastructure is the highway and airspace. People would have the freedom of driving their own car on the open road than be packed in a closed space. But if I am going to be packed in a closed space like sardines, then I want to get to my destination in 30 min. That's America to you.

Building a brand new rail system infrastructure is going to be decimating a whole lot of current existing highway system and its entire eco-system, the pit stops, all the restaurants, the motels, the gas stations, the stores, everything. Is America ready for that?

If Biden really wants to build new infrastructure, this is what I want to see:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    #11     Apr 3, 2021
    qlai likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Summerland Key, actually another key slash island close by, that I don't want the word getting out about it.

#12     Apr 5, 2021
    qlai likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the flying car will never become a reality. Fly JetBlue.

#13     Apr 5, 2021