Biden causing inflation by rewarding laziness

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the_gem, May 10, 2021.

1. the_gem

the_gem

Biden is causing inflation by paying people to stay home rather than work. Fridays employment numbers illustrated that very well. Manufacturers cannot find workers and this is causing a huge supply issue hence rising prices. Biden needs to take the blame here. Why should someone work at a factory 8 hours a day when they can almost make the same and sometimes more, by sitting home and getting an unemployment check.
    Biden is like a heroin dealer, he gives workers a taste of the governments money and now they are addicted to government hand outs. Thats just how liberals roll.

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I wouldn’t peg this just on liberals - though the last round of free money is on them.

trump’s Covid relief gave out like 4 trillion dollars: much of going to the wealthy who didn’t need it. Further if he wasn’t spreading so much confusion about Covid, we probably would have reopened in January instead of this summer.

I’m shocked that Ferrari doesn’t have record bookings for their cars.

d08, Cuddles, NoahA and 1 other person like this.
  3. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

You can blame the govenor of your state for that. This has nothing to do with Trump. Here in Florida we are completely free since our governor can see past the bullshit that everyone else thinks is "Life Threatening"...

4. Republican and democrats are one in the same when it comes to spending

sysdevel99 likes this.
  5. If voting options for POTUS get any better I just don't think I could bear it.

donnap likes this.
  6. This is nothing new. Lyndon B Johnson said "I'll have them [racial slur] voting Democratic for two hundred years."

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

that's w/o counting tax cuts on record low unemployment numbers and a booming economy, draining the treasury and spurring the printing last year.

8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Here's an idea; employers can pay people what they are really worth. Corporate earnings are large and salaries / wages have lagged for many years running. Throw in the fact many benefits like pensions no longer exist I think it's pretty clear a lot of people are underpaid these days. Give them some hope of a real career with appropriate training as needed and you might see people jump at positions.

It's even worse in Canada. HR can't find "skilled" people but they won't train people either. This has been a problem long before Covid.

comagnum likes this.
  9. JSOP

JSOP

All the more reason why we need to develop robotics. Instead of borrowing and raising taxes to spend on infrastructures, Biden should invest in robotics technology instead, invest in robotics research and development, robotics infrastructure, robotics ethics, robotics studies and repair, AI education, everything. Put an incentive into education programs that teach robotics development and AI. Robotics is the "internet" for the 21st century. China is already having robots parking cars in airports, taking children's temperature at school. What are we doing??

Biden is not causing inflation by paying people to stay home; Biden is causing inflation by not developing and implementing enough automation. Human labour is obsolete anyway. Why bother? Think of it as their early retirement and focus on the future.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  10. JSOP

JSOP

#10     May 10, 2021