Biden cabinet 2021

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

So, how much obstruction for confirmations will Biden get to appoint his cabinet? Seems like Moscow Mitch is going to have a field day and Biden will have to rule w/interim positions that will take decisions that can be challenged.

Discuss

2. Overnight

Overnight

I dunno about obstruction, but if we get Warren for Treasury secretary, and Sanders for economic advisor, the markets are doomed.

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

upload_2020-11-5_23-52-6.png upload_2020-11-5_23-53-56.png https://www.axios.com/gop-senate-biden-transition-50ebe6c8-e318-4fdb-b903-048908b3b954.html

GOP Senate wins wreak havoc on Biden transition plans

Republicans' likely hold on the Senate is forcing Joe Biden's transition team to consider limiting its prospective Cabinet nominees to those who Mitch McConnell can live with, according to people familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: The new Senate political math could dash the ambitions of some Democrats, including those who have clashed with Republicans.

• It could push Biden to go with more centrist options, like Lael Brainard for Treasury or Tony Blinken for State, sources tell Axios.
    • Susan Rice and Stacey Abrams could be early casualties, depending on McConnell's posture.
    • But it could also open paths for others, like Sen. Chris Coons, who could benefit from a tradition of senatorial courtesy for quick confirmations of nominees within its ranks.

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/11/politics/biden-chief-of-staff/index.html
    Biden names Ron Klain as his White House chief of staff
    (CNN)President-elect Joe Biden has tapped Ron Klain to be his incoming chief of staff, the Biden transition office said in a news release Wednesday, elevating his longtime aide to one of the most powerful positions in the White House.

Klain is one of Biden's most trusted campaign advisers and was long seen as the most likely pick for the top job. He previously served as chief of staff to Vice President Al Gore during the Clinton administration and Biden during his tenure as President Barack Obama's vice president.
    BIDEN TRANSITION
    State Department is preventing Biden from accessing messages from foreign leaders
    Here are the world leaders who congratulated Joe Biden
    2 Republican governors criticize Trump for stalled transition
    "Ron has been invaluable to me over the many years that we have worked together, including as we rescued the American economy from one of the worst downturns in our history in 2009 and later overcame a daunting public health emergency in 2014," Biden said in a statement.
    "His deep, varied experience and capacity to work with people all across the political spectrum is precisely what I need in a White House chief of staff as we confront this moment of crisis and bring our country together again."
    Klain praised Biden in his own statement Wednesday, calling his new role "the honor of a lifetime."
    "I look forward to helping him and the Vice President-elect assemble a talented and diverse team to work in the White House, as we tackle their ambitious agenda for change, and seek to heal the divides in our country."
    Klain also tweeted, "I've seen so many kind wishes tonight on this website. Thank you - and I'm sorry I can't reply to each of you. I'm honored by the President-elect's confidence and will give my all to lead a talented and diverse team in a Biden-Harris WH."
    Klain brings unique expertise to this moment defined by the ongoing coronavirus crisis. The Democratic operative was appointed by then-President Obama to lead the response to the Ebola crisis in 2014.
    Klain's experience leading the Obama administration's response to that public health threat is seen as an asset.

6. Biden has to be careful rushing to give psots to his fellow candidates the way Trump blindly handed Carson HUD...

Some of those people dropped out of the race for a reason and are not necessarily Cabinet fodder...

7. I believe Treasury isa alays reserved for Goldman Sachs so it is up to GS to determine whose turn it is haha

Tsing Tao likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

The manner in which you typed that immediately brought up to mind one of those financial videos by computerized puppets.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Should nominate Warren just to troll Moscow Mitch for a while.

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

If he is elected in December, I hope the obstruction is at least as much as what they gave Trump.

#10     Nov 11, 2020
    mathrlin likes this.