Bid-ask spread

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Feb 5, 2018.

1. I understand what you are trying to say, but you communicate it in such a cryptic way that your message is lost. What "zero working" and "infinity" mean in this context? You just invented some new linguistic terms and plugged them in without any reference.

#11     Feb 5, 2018
  2. I'm assigning numeric values to linguistic terms. "Tier-one" investment bank = a gzillion employees and a rigid hierarchical structure with no authority and control at the lower echelon. And the recruiter isn't even there but I've been nice and cap his value at zero.

#12     Feb 5, 2018
  3. You took tests all your schooling years to be where you are and now you cry wolf.This field is not like any of those tests,here you need to learn the actual staff to excel and be really good at it.That involves a lot of time and enormous effort.
    All those tests that propelled you to think you are smart are worth shit when it comes to trading,in other fields yes you could be quite capable to impress people about being bright etc.
    Aren't you the guy who started a thread "How much does it cost to start a hedge fund"?
    So here we are,all that greed is working against you,it's too late.System that suppose to put you in the lead actually left you on your own.Should've been a eye doctor,genealogist even academic.That comfort zone that you been near "the big stage" is same as countless musicians who never make it to be on the big stage.It's like a curse,honestly!

Disclaimer
    1.I am sure in school,University etc you were better student than me.(Thank God i didn't do those dumbed down tests to end up like that)
    2.You aren't the worst,at least you don't start those stupid threads asking people if it's possible to be rich from trading or what strategy would you recommend and this type of crap.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    #13     Feb 5, 2018
  4. Schadenfreude feels nice, doesn't it?

Provided one is not entirely retarded and keeps working and learning, being successful is a matter of time, money (to buy that time) and luck (to fall upon some valuable idea). But given enough time, luck will manifest eventually and if even a monkey like you could make it I guess things are really encouraging.

#14     Feb 5, 2018
  5. zdreg

zdreg

Personal insults are hitting below the belt . using a German word to a Dutchman makes it even worst, I guess.

#15     Feb 5, 2018
  6. It wasn't me who started it. His attack was unwarranted and uncalled for.

#16     Feb 5, 2018
  7. thanks
    it doesn't matter ,monkey is happy [​IMG]

#17     Feb 5, 2018
  8. OK, so no more insults? I'm getting bored already.

#18     Feb 6, 2018
  9. >> You took tests all your schooling years to be where you are and now you cry wolf.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/04/social-mobility-equality-class-society

Sweden, the most social-generous country of EU has finally reckoned (I hope) that welfare doesn't do much for you if you're a powerless kid in a poor family. No matter how smart, the splinter doesn't land far from the tree (local proverb).

>> This field is not like any of those tests, here you need to learn the actual staff to excel and be really good at it. That involves a lot of time and enormous effort.

I do this shit being born in a poor peasant family and having endured all your "excel at YOUR stuff" thing. You know what I excel at? Having potatoes grow. That involves a lot of time and enormous effort. Including advanced knowledge on why they came here and what you can do for them to keep them safe. Before eating them, of course :) You probably excel at that quant shit (or having read your post, rather at that trader shit). I know enough of both to burry you on my potatoes field, pour lime above you then plant corn on top. But I choose not to (you taste sour, of course :p)

>> Aren't you the guy who started a thread "How much does it cost to start a hedge fund"?

Yeah, it's me. You've no idea who you're dealing with so the least, if I can ask that from you, is to be civilized.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    #19     Feb 6, 2018
  10. zdreg

zdreg

civilized is an oxymoron on a chat board. it is more like a whack a mole.

#20     Feb 6, 2018