Bid/ASK quotes are wrong in IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hajimow, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Yes as was Sept / Oct 08.

All math algo's are BS imo. They work under normal? conditions however as you would have noticed over the last year bollinger, ma, parabolic, pivots, stochastic were made obsolete as a very large percentage of traders used these to trade and form their oppinions. (this has been in the papers and on other posts and forums)
    The market goes long for only one reason and falls for only one reason regardless of what the news is.

Buyers we go long and we fall only on profit taking.

#11     Apr 6, 2010
  2. That's oversimplifying, i think.
    There can be many other reasons. eg, namely for a trader: hedging.

Tom

#12     Apr 6, 2010
  3. I understand what you are saying but hedging is an open book as too the many interpretations and again the position is a long or short/ sell and overall will effect the direction.

Just my oppinion as I have seen the news create the opposite move, stocks jumped dollars on bad news. Stocks like NFLX moving almost 40 dollars in a few months with MM placing the original bid / ask dollars higher than the close with the famous 100 share trade and just inside the 5 percent lets bust your order range. Stock appreciation vs stock value.
    IMO as long as the market creates the look for the need to short we will go long. Once the market short positions are reduced and they can no longer short squeeze the market we will fall as then the profit taking will happen so the large hedge funds, Goldman have raped both sides and rebalanced their portfolio's while doing so.
    Conspiracy theory 1286.9 lol

maggie

#13     Apr 6, 2010