Bid/Ask exchanges in TWS for stocks

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bungrider, May 16, 2002.

1. The exchanges with bids and offers always appear for options, but not for stocks - often I'll be trading a listed stock, and there will be a better price available than on NYSE but I won't know where since the exchanges doesn't appear for stocks. If the price is on ISLD, super, but if it's on AMEX or primex that's a different story.

Is this a limitation of TWS or is there a setting I have to adjust?

Thanks!

2. mskl

mskl

I believe it is a limitation. You could make the suggestion that IB adds this feature. It certainly will help if you only have the BEST quote up for NYSE stocks.

3. I'll do that. Maybe I won't even have to if Def sees this and has management put it in a poll...of course, it'll take forever...:(

I keep BEST and NYSE data lines for listed stocks. The other side of it is if I'm on the wrong side of the market (which seems to be pretty much all the time in the past week or so) and I see a thin bid/offer from NYSE it would be nice to have that BEST ECN feature, but I guess that's a thing of the past. I'd rather get an instant fill from an ECN 0.05 off than not get filled (at all) by NYSE.

Since I trade a group of ~200 listed stocks intraday, putting in a line for each market is definitely NOT an option.