Bible cant be true because of million year old fossils/carbon dating...right?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 10, 2009.

1. wow that makes you one smart fellow because the smartest man in the world cant see a superior being running the show either:

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.
    -- Albert Einstein, in a letter responding to philosopher Eric Gutkind, who had sent him a copy of his book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt; quoted from James Randerson, "Childish Superstition: Einstein's Letter Makes View of Religion Relatively Clear"

you must be smarter than einstein.

#31     Aug 11, 2009
  2. 151

I agree with that but lets be realistic and not hold "christians" to a higher standard just because they are christians.

The belief does not make it any easier to be jesus like.

I want to say just like believing in science doesnt make it any easier to be a physicist but the two don't really mean the same thing.

#32     Aug 11, 2009
  3. mxjones

mxjones

I don't hold "Christians" to a higher standard - I encourage them to follow the teachings of Jesus and act appropriately towards their fellow man. Most seem to have lost the way, and wallow in hate and divisiveness instead.

If they are true "Christians", they need to get back to the basics and as I said before, act appropriately.

#33     Aug 11, 2009
  4. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Yeah stu, you are one that I hoped would read that. Although I did think I would get more back from you than that since you are such an authority on crap posting. After all you've done it over 3000 times, right? LOL!!! RC

#34     Aug 11, 2009
  5. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

I agree that Christians do often fail to do part of our job of setting a better example to society. Christian or not we ALL do.
    A lot of times the reasons behind why "so called" Christians cause the divisiveness you're talking about is because they are not acting in the best interest of Christ. However, you cannot deny that Christ did not cause and is causing division and controversy in society. It is because people reject and hate His authority and everything else that He is all about. RC

#35     Aug 11, 2009
  6. Ummm... if 120 is the maximum age ("maximum" the Bible also doesn't say) then how did Adam live to 930?

#36     Aug 11, 2009
  7. stu

stu

What, you mean, threaten your fellow man with torture and then say you "love" them really?

#37     Aug 11, 2009
  8. Actually, it says from a particular time forward, than man will not live longer than 120 years.

#38     Aug 11, 2009
  9. Look around you. 95% of what you see is directly due to scientific advancements. Of course science owns the venue.

#39     Aug 11, 2009
  10. Just like the 6000 years nonsense, the Bible says nothing about 120 years being maximum.

(Which is a good thing since the oldest person lived to 122 years.)

#40     Aug 11, 2009