Bible cant be true because of million year old fossils/carbon dating...right?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Actually I wasnt for my first post. But I'm not as articulate as answers in genesis, so now im just going to link their sites.

#11     Aug 10, 2009
  2. i know you have no desire to actually educate yourself. you are just thumping your bible. if you were you might be interested in looking at something like this:
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html#CC300
    An Index to Creationist Claims

#12     Aug 10, 2009
  3. #13     Aug 10, 2009
  4. Lots of assumptions the guy made in that youtube video.

For some reason, I think you are trying to get me to dance through hoops and dont really have an open minded interest in learning. I will read all the literature you want, but I would be very surprised if I found one article that didnt make some kind of assumption to be true without proof. Like the guy in the video that says "these seashell do not exist now, There are no modern day seashells that look like this" Quite an assumption to make since we are discovering new fish all the time.

Hey whats this? Oh look a fish that is from a period of 250 million years+ ago was found. I wonder why evolution didnt change it after all those MILLIONS of years?

http://www.dinofish.com/

#14     Aug 10, 2009
  5. Correction. Bible says man has been on earth for 6000 years if you use the geneology.

The 6 days of creation might not have been 24 hour days. After all, a "day" wasnt even a day until the night and day were separated(rotation of the earth)

#15     Aug 10, 2009
  6. Thanks for the link. Thats actually very interesting. I see now how people with very high IQs could really be fooled into believing evolution now. I mean some of those are really good answers. Unfortunately I see words like "probably" and "may have been" and "possibly" in alot of those responses. When i see that it means "they are not sure" Why are they not sure? Isnt it fact? If i see a green apple, i know its green, i dont think its "possibly" green or "probably" green.

But no, i really thank you for that link sincerely. It will help me in the future to debate some of the more well read Evolutionists. :)

#16     Aug 10, 2009
  7. have you lost all ability for critical thinking? you take every word from science that leaves a crack open and stick you god in the crack yet you believe every word of the bible as fact. amazing example of cognative dissonance. see if you find any traits about yourself in this article:

http://www.geocities.com/questioningpage/mhealth6.html

#17     Aug 10, 2009
  8. Oh save us all. Adam alone, according to the Bible, lived 930 years. You have a choice at this point: accept that a "year" is different than a modern year, accept that the Bible isn't literally correct or accept that the lineage is incomplete and/or incorrect.

God doesn't live only on Earth and isn't bound by an "Earth" day. Martian days are different, Venusian days are different, and you're discussing an omnipotent universal being.

As a Christian I feel you're making Christians appear backwards.

#18     Aug 10, 2009
  9. Adams years were normal years. We know this because God later said that mans life would number 120 years which is true today. So men lived longer before the flood.

I said a 24 hour day MIGHT not have been the day described in the bible. You know...like the way scientists say "possibly" You should only take what I say as truth for sure is if I am quoting a bible verse. My interpretation of it is just that. I try to interpret it to help other people get more interested in these biblical debates and read their bibles.

I have no power to convince any of the people on here that the bible is true. But if I can get some of them to read the bible here and there, maybe they can read enough to have their hearts convicted.

#19     Aug 10, 2009
  10. maxpi

maxpi

People dig up dinosaur bones that are not fossilized from time to time, does anybody get that? You read the stories in the paper about a whole dinosaur skeleton and they leave out the part about how it was not fossils, it was old bones.... so I mention this to an evolution guy I know, real smart guy, he just starts fantasizing about how it had to be preserved somehow...

Nobody has come up with an answer to how our oil and gas are under pressure if it all was formed millions of years ago... it's contained in rock!! ROCK!! Engineers and such have shown that the rock it's contained in cannot hold the pressure for more than 10,000 years, outside estimate... there is no outside influence on the rock either... so I just go with the Occam's razor idea, same as everything else I do.. it was formed at the time of the flood...

The circular reasoning in "science" leaves holes big enough to drive a truck through, and people drive them through all the time, but "science" owns the venue for the official debate and that's all she wrote concerning that... take away their public funding, let the debate be open, let them get students and funding from winning the debate.. guess what, they would be gone in a matter of years...

#20     Aug 10, 2009