Bible banned in School

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Just another case of singling out the Christians because the atheists do not like the message. Apparently kids can talk about sex and drugs in class, but bringing up Jesus is just going too far. I bet if he was talking about egyptian gods, or ancient greek gods he would not have got in trouble. Jesus said "people will hate you for my namesake" No other gods are hated the way people hate Jesus. This is just one of the many prophecies in the bible that have come true.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtMMuZFrFOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xtMMuZFrFOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Ricter

Ricter

I don't know for certain, but I think Allah is taking a pretty good beating these days, too.

3. i actually support teaching religious history in school. stone age mythology can not stand up to educated analysis.

4. Talking about jesus is banned or the bible is banned? :confused:

What other religious scriptures are allowed in school?:confused:

5. Ricter

Ricter

I do not understand this comment. Stone age mythology does stand up to analysis, because it exists. You don't have to like it, in fact we already know your opinion on the subject, but it does in fact exist.

6. I taught high school math when I was a senior in college. The first day in class, as I was teaching, two boys began a prolonged discussion in the back of the class.

When I saw what was going on, I stopped teaching and began listening to them. The rest of the class noticed the problem and turned to listen too.

After a while, the two students finally realized what was happening and stopped talking.

Then I told the two to go to the principals office and to tell him that they didn't know how to listen in class.

At the end of the year, my classes were rated the most improved in mathematics in the high school and IMHO my demeanor in class had a lot to do with that.

The boy was in biology class and I think that he probably had the same problem that my two students had. Instead of being a good sport about it, he and his dad would like to raise a stink about the teacher and the media would like to continue this crap without even hearing from the teacher. Furthermore, I'm not surprised.

7. Mnphats

Mnphats

8. please keep church and state separate thank you

9. trevqq

trevqq

We should teach it in schools; especially parts like:

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Selling your daughter as a sex slave,who would have thought it allowed by the bible!

T

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I want to know is why it was allowed, in the old testament, to have multiple wives and now it's not.

#10     Mar 3, 2010