Bhutto refresher

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TheStudent, Dec 29, 2007.

1. I suggest Nobel Peace Prize to Kim Jong Il
    for not waging wars against South Korea for 50 years. Seriously.

#21     Dec 30, 2007
  2. [​IMG]

#22     Dec 30, 2007

3. Interesting post. Where ever these machines end up, the voting results seem to end in 51% to 49% for the winner. Happened in US election, Mexico election, and the most recent Venezuelan referendum. Also all the 51% / 49% exit polling results were off by many factors. Democracy, just another control tool.

#23     Dec 30, 2007
  4. HOBO

HOBO

Bhutto’s son has just finished his first term at Oxford University. He must wait 6 years before he can rule. Meanwhile Zardari will coach him, on how to "run" the country.

Is not it strange, that a nation of 160 million, cannot find a more qualified person, than a 19-year old lad?

#24     Dec 30, 2007
  5. clacy

clacy

If you knew anything about American politics, you would know that the vast majority of voter fraud takes place in Democratic areas.

#25     Dec 30, 2007
  6. Americans do not understand democracy as practiced in many poor nations. If they did they wouldn't be so dismissive of the advantages of an autocracy.

Regarding the corruption accusations against Bhutto, the numbers seem to be pretty big, but do you know how much politicians officially make? Do you know the culture of patronage politics that is endemic and inherent in the system? I wouldn't be surprised if most of the money they purportedly stole simply went back to their political followers, the oil greasing the machine, a spoils system like that of an Andrew Jackson. More money probably sloshes around in Washington wielded by lobbyists.

Benazir died in Pakistan. She didn't have to go back. She faced death threats. Any prudent person who simply wanted to be rich through theft could have simply enjoyed their cozy exile.

#26     Dec 31, 2007
  7. Maybe she wanted more,maybe he sniffed an opportunity to get back into the saddle. Maybe she wanted not only money but also power.

maybe she was genuine.

#27     Dec 31, 2007
  8. 11Blade

11Blade

If nobody is making a difference - why does the IMF, United Way, World Bank even try? to fatten the coffer's of the bureaucrats?

Your cynicsm is well received. I donate my time and money to charities because I have been there and needed the help.

There are some amazing changes occurring out there but do not come to the forefront because its not sexy news. I would certainly not lump every charity organization as useless.

The Gates Foundation has a different mission than Microsoft Corp and Steve Ballmer do. I do not disagree that *many* charities bureaucraticaly overweight and the same for the UN

Have some faith Hydro, there are a few people in the world who aim to make a difference, in the inner cities of the US and also in the third world.

I agree with your comment "Preach & practice sustainable business & self sustaining communities."

11Blade

#28     Dec 31, 2007
  9. toc

toc

'Preach & practice sustainable business & self sustaining communities.'

You mean business which breaks even and makes a ONE PENNY profit...........stop this commie agenda Maaaaaaan!

Better to make money with profit motive and give to causes in return. A business enterprise run without profit motive will soon become a loss factory of the USSSSSSSSSSSR.

In the US and most western economies there are enough job for those who want to work and that is why sooooooo many illegal immigrants are able to find work and send funds home.

But for Iraq war, US would have been in fairly excellent shape as Clinton had left a balanced budget and surplus forecast for all the social programs.

#29     Dec 31, 2007
  10. toc

toc

It is sad to see Bhutto declaring her 19 year old son as the next chief of her party. This shows the gross cruel and inhumane irresponsibility the leaders of the Third World nations employ to govern with. This also confirms that she wanted to maintain a family hand in power so that 100s of millions that she looted from kickbacks and corruption are not snatched away as a result of investigation.

Idiot woman wanted to pop her MASCULINE head out of the SUV without wearing any helmet or even having a specially built bullet proof glass cube on SUV top to help her with gazing at the poor, hungry and hopeless folks that she wanted the votes from. Wonder miserly use of 100s of millions looted came back to hurt her and her country.

#30     Dec 31, 2007