Bhutto DEAD

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Dec 27, 2007.

1. 9999

So, no biggie then?
    Business as usual?

#51     Dec 27, 2007

2. Market was poised to fall this morning. All 3 major indexes were in overbought conditions. Market was poised for a pullback. Look at the charts and stochastics.

#52     Dec 27, 2007
  3. usman88

usman88

@9999

for KSE it is(only for short term)
    but not for the US markets or the commodities

@weeman

thats exactly what i meant when i said u guys dont know about pakistan

#53     Dec 27, 2007
  4. You mean we would attack Pakistan and take control of nukes? WOW.

#54     Dec 27, 2007

5. Musharraf has calculated that his opponents won't last till election day, so let them run free, at the end of the day he will still be king!

#55     Dec 27, 2007
  6. ajna

ajna

Good point. What opponents? They're either dead, jailed, or exiled.

I generally agree with Usman that this event likely doesn't have the cataclysmic effects some on this thread are predicting. I think it also speaks to how cynical and fatalistic people in South Asia have gotten regarding their politicians. White folks definitely wouldn't accept this! ;)

#56     Dec 27, 2007
  7. 9999

You're probably right.
    I had - and I still have - the greatest admiration and respect for a person like her who willingly put her life in danger to carry on her ideas. Our cultures maybe quite different, but even as the markets are very cynical, I was thinking this was something more than a simple "correction". Silly me, should've known better. Maybe tomorrow they'll kill another candidate, but hey - there's plenty, so no biggie. Business as usual.

#57     Dec 27, 2007
  8. I don't disagree with what you say. If this assassination was a "real" geo political threat then the US market would have been down seriously not just 1% And the media never gets it right...however I'm SURE it was NOT one lone crazy guy.

#58     Dec 27, 2007
  9. Methinks, Bhutto was perceived as a US stooge and the breaded ones didn't like her. Methinks the "bearded one" has a hand in this.

#59     Dec 27, 2007

10. I know, regardless I am covering my huge short position at 3:59 to lock in profits. I'll take 2.4k on the day. Kind of tilted and went over my head this morning on the short. I know if I don't cover and lock in gains, market will gap up over night....

#60     Dec 27, 2007