BGC Group takes aim at 'heavyweight champ' CME exchange

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Apr 26, 2024.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. schizo

schizo

Damn, where have they been all this time? It's about time they give CME a good punch in the face. CME needs to be broken up. It's a friggin' monopoly.

EdgeHunter, d08 and tony.m like this.
  3. tony.m

tony.m

"A group of financial firms including Bank of America, Citadel Securities, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase made minority equity investments into FMX, valuing it at $667 million, BGC said in a statement on Thursday."
    Big boys are backing FMX

4. I wouldn’t want anything to do with those scumbag banks and Citadel having a piece of the exchange where my orders go.

They have shown countless times they can’t be trusted and will do anything to gain an advantage.

F them

EdgeHunter likes this.
  5. hilmy83

hilmy83

6. 2rosy

2rosy

End users caused it to be a monopoly.

7. schizo

schizo

Do you even know what "monopoly" means? End users don't have a choice and never had a choice!

8. schizo

schizo

Still, a competition is much better than no competition (aka monopoly).

9. 2rosy

2rosy

Liquidity is the goal. If end users went somewhere else cme loses monopoly status. Ice tries to compete in some products. There's been a few fixed income derivative exchanges that pop up.

10. schizo

schizo

But that's the whole point. There's no real competition and end users have nowhere to go.

As for ICE (I'm literally laughing at this one, sorry), they're even worse than CME. Those two are not even competitors. On the contrary, they're a cartel colluding with one another to fix prices.

#10     Apr 27, 2024