Bezos hack

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jan 22, 2020.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Bezos hack

Jeff Bezos's phone was allegedly hacked by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman a couple years back, according to a digital forensic analysis that found evidence of spyware being implanted via a video file sent to the Amazon boss from MBS's personal WhatsApp account. All this preceded the Saudi killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a journalist for Bezos's Washington Post—and the subsequent release of messages that exposed Bezos's extramarital relationship with Lauren Sanchez. Guardian

Nobert and guru like this.
  2. heispark

heispark

Perhaps he didn't use iPhone......

3. Sig

Sig

If I was going to hack phones it would definitely be iphones because the sheeple that buy them all have this childlike belief that they're somehow un-hackable.

Bezos hacked phone was an iphone, just to be clear for the sheeple.

AKUMATOTENSHI, d08 and Sig like this.
  5. It WAS an iPhone. I'm not one to judge people by their phone beliefs but anyone now pays >$600+ for a phone is fuckin stupid.

d08 and lovethetrade like this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Why? I am iPhone user from day 2 (literally). When upgrade was free every 2 years, I did that. Now using device for 3 plus years. Something this critical, it is Ok to pay premium.

Why something that is used constantly for 3-4 years, 1K is too much to pay?

7. Sig

Sig

To be fair they could have just as easily done it to any other phone built in the last decade. And I don't judge people by their phones either, if you buy an iphone because it has a feature or features you really need or like then more power to you. Just don't tell me how much better your phone is because it's not hackable like everyone elses. Or brag about your phone in general. Just act like the rest of us who quietly use our phone as a tool and don't feel the need to define ourselves by it!

8. RedDuke

RedDuke

totally agree with every word. It is just a very useful tool.

9. Turveyd

Turveyd

That's why people buy iphones and pay the premium prices, to define themselves as someone with a fancy iphone.

My £300 Samsung A70 6.7" screen, 128gm ram works just fine, okay camera isn't quite as good but rarely use so don't care.

1 bad drop and £300 to £1000 there both worthless scrap.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  10. gaussian

gaussian

Is this real life. Aside from the walled garden iPhones are arguably the most secure consumer phone you can own. They have an excellent privacy policy - including the terms Privacy is a Human Right in their terms of service. It is also incredibly difficult to run unsigned code. They have an excellent track record of stopping government fishing expeditions and include a secure enclave in their devices - a nice touch! The kind of zero day used here could've been on any platform. I feel like you're just using this as an opportunity to take a shot at iPhone users for some strange reason.

In fact I will say, for the dollar value of the iPhone it is a better platform on nearly all measures if only for the reason you don't have to lock yourself into Google's data mining ecosystem just to make a call! To me the exorbitant price is worth it exclusively for this wonderful feature. In fact, having owned many android devices the quality of service through the iPhone's sometimes rather strict walled garden enables hardware to run usefully for long passed it's used by date.

Talk down on macbooks all you want but the iPhone is special in the world of mobile devices.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    #10     Jan 22, 2020
    ElCubano likes this.