Beyond the hype of hershey futures method journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by RoughTrader, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Google CCC or Congestion, Convergence, centering.

Do some subheadings as well: market pace. market internals and slaloming.

#31     Aug 27, 2007
  2. Everything you need is in the public domain and it is "hard" quantitative information.

What I do is pool extraction. The purpose is to move money. Once moved out of the financial industry it is used for problem solving.

We have not introduced any subjective trader decision making.

We have kept SCT in a binary context for trading. The binary context is also a vector orientation so the data sets are in a state that you know you know. CO people will not be able to understand this. They made that choice in the past for some reasons.

In terms of quantification there are five degrees of freedom for the input. The expansion of these degrees, methematically and scientifically leads to about 70 degrees of freedom. this is small and common but not usually in a binary vector context.

A "steer and focus" strategy is used with respect to the degrees of freedom. That is, the same data set sizing is usually in play. however, the focusing goes from coarse to medium and then to Fine. I is easy to see that non P and V tooling comes to the fore when expert level deals with the DOM, OTR and S/S.

The fact that a four part routine is cycling is VERY important to understand. The Stee and focus of monitoring over a terrain of 70 degrees of freedom is exceptional by any standards, especially quant transplants from other disiplines and the ever wearing sophomoric chant of the academic community and psychological repair crews. The journalist turned writer and the talking heads are just the clown component of the financial industry.

There are many many people who feel enough is enough when referring to the daily take. Often these people just use parts of SCT to achieve there personal goals and lifestyles.

Personally, I do not keep money. I see money as a utility for solving problems.

SCT has been provided to people to take money out of the markets and make some of that money work to solve local problems.

Three things I currently abhor are: 1. veterans not being treated proberly for traumatic stress as a consequence of extended and repeated tours of duty. 2. tyhe cancer epidemic now persent with older guardsmen who are dying without proper care. (A Tucsonian Viet vet and IRAQ vet died last week at 58 totally riddled with cancer he contracted running a transport system in Iraq). The over 100,000 Iraqi translators who are not being given refugee status in the US after they laid their lives on the line to help US troops initially. (100 plus have been processed and the rest have fleed Iraq and go unsupported and ignored).

I think I am caught up here at this point.

#32     Aug 27, 2007
  3. Investigating someone's method is never a waste of time in my opinion. You never know what doors will be opened for your trading. If you weren't able to make Jack's method work for you, well, I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps you will or have already found other methods that suit you in particular.

While I don't claim to never take a loss, my trading style appears to be somewhat similar to Jack's SCT, at least regarding design intent. As such, I'm very curious about the details of SCT that he uses. The fact that you fail to find meaning does not leave it devoid of meaning. It simply means you failed to successfully use it or understand it.

RoughTrader

#33     Aug 27, 2007
  4. cnms2

cnms2

This is a very important statement for beginners, as the OP is.

#34     Aug 28, 2007
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi RoughTrader,

I do not use SCT, but I do use some of the tools (DOM and tape) with great success. Learning this method will make you think about a lot of ways to improve what you are currently doing.

I am not sure which technology you will use to code it, but I can highly recommend ninja trader .net framework. Among other things such as coding in c, you can programmatically access all levels of DOM. If you will need my help with this let me know.

Regards,
    redduke

#35     Aug 28, 2007
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Jack,

I am not sure if you have done it before, but maybe we can set up one day, it can be any day you wish, where you would trade live. It will be recorded through screen capture and then would be posted on this forum. This will end of these 1000s of posts that the method does not work.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
    redduke

#36     Aug 28, 2007
  7. RedDuke
    Any chance you would post some of your insights into Spyder's thread where this is currently being discussed? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

#37     Aug 28, 2007
  8. Tums

Tums

You are trading SCT (without consciously knowing it).
    You already have the tools and are using them, albeit you have added one more piece -- a "Throttle Limiter".

#38     Aug 28, 2007
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

I actually use it the way Spyder explained. I use the wall as confirmation of the direction (signal).

For example, if I get a long signal and there is a wall on the ask, I will not go long unless the wall is penetrated. However, if I get a short signal, and there is a wall on the ask, I will take it, since the wall will act as resistance and therefore the probability of the trade working out is good. Opposite for bid of course.

#39     Aug 28, 2007
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Could very well be, sicne a lot of FFTs, BOs and FBOs correspond to my entries. However, I still can not grasp the way to be in the market all day long. Continuation and change totally make sense to me when market is moving, but when in chop I can not use it.

#40     Aug 28, 2007