Beyond NLP

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by FireWalker, Feb 4, 2004.

1. If you actually believe that promotional crap they feed you then you're a fool.

The movie was mission impossible. And the close-ups are all done in studio. The backgrounds are computer generated.

You're right about no support though. You don't really need any when you're 2 feet off the ground.

Do you really think the insurance company of the film are going to risk losing $300 million if the star dies mid way through production. Not a chance.

The only guy that ever did his own stunts was Jackie Chan. And he used to finance most of his own movies without insurance.

#31     Feb 8, 2004
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

arg...why do they make out of body experience sound so difficult.

#32     Feb 8, 2004
  3. firewalker,

I've read a book you may be interested in :

NLP Business Masterclass, by David Molden

It is well wrote and helps with skills for realizing human potential.There are exercises and examples in it with actual worksheets on different subjects.

hope that helps

Casey

#33     Feb 8, 2004
  4. Hi Freethinker,

I kind of agree with you that the above stuff is not very useful for a market gladiator.

If you really want to find out whether you can do any thinking at all, try a few tricks in the market. Make sure though you are not on booze or drugs when you make your first moves.

If you succeed making some money, I think you might agree with me that this has little to do with "Free Thinking" as you call it!

Be good,

nononsense

#34     Feb 8, 2004
  5. LOL! Thanks for the clarification, Runningbear... Good example with Chan... Indeed way too much hype out there... :eek:

#35     Feb 8, 2004
  6. opw

opw

This is how I always thought I was a genius. Everybody called me crazy. But then I realized I might actually be crazy....

:D

#36     Feb 8, 2004
  7. Know yourself.

#37     Feb 8, 2004
  8. Scientist,

So I suppose to really learn NLP I should spend a couple grands for a seminar or what? How do I know the coach is a good one?

#38     Feb 8, 2004
  9. dchang0

dchang0

A great introductory book to NLP is Joseph O'Connor's "Introducing Neuro-Linguistic Programming." I found it to be a well-rounded and surprisingly detailed overview of NLP. The reference section in the back with lists of more specific NLP resources is fantastic--there are lists of coaches, groups, books, etc.

Scientist is right, though. You should see a coach to really learn NLP, since it's based on experiential learning, and not academic learning. Reading books on NLP will only take you so far--you have to really ease into it with the guidance of an expert.

I recommend you start out with the O'Connor intro book to get an idea of what NLP is, where you are and where you want to go, then go find yourself the right coach.

#39     Feb 9, 2004