Beyond Ninjatrader Brokerage - is IB the only broker offering Ninja? Any other options with Ninja?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Laissez Faire, Feb 16, 2018.

1. shatteredx

shatteredx

Yes, those are pretty much your options.

I've been trading with NT7 via Dorman for a year and they are good enough for me. Account management is not as slick as Interactive Brokers. You have to handle more things via emailing forms to their support. Never had any discrepancies in my statements.

You can also clear through Phillip Capital for NT. Not sure if Phillip is any better or worse. I know that Phillip allows CBOE bitcoin trading while Dorman does not (both allow CME bitcoin futures).

#21     Feb 20, 2018
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  2. Thanks for your input. :)

'Good enough' makes me think you you're not quite satisfied. Would you mind sharing some more details? Are you day trading? Futures?

Does NT/Dorman provide any way you can manage your positions outside Ninja? Web browser? Mobile app?

As mentioned, I'm a little skeptical towards having only Ninja to rely on to manage open positions day trading with leverage in fast moving markets. In my experience, Ninja seems reliable enough, but as we all know, things can and will happen.

#22     Feb 21, 2018
  3. #23     Feb 21, 2018
  4. shatteredx

shatteredx

I run automated trading strategies.

AFAIK there are no options besides NT to manage your position. Have you tried asking your questions to them directly?

#24     Feb 22, 2018
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  5. Not about this specific issue, but I did it now and I'm awaiting a reply. This might be a dealbreaker for me.

I am leaning towards AMP for this benefit in addition to the 10 minutes extra intraday margin. It might not sound like a big deal, but there are some nice moves lasting all the way into the Close and it's money lost if I have to massively reduce my exposure 15 minutes prior to the Close.

With my current account size, it's an issue.

#25     Feb 23, 2018
    KeLo likes this.
  6. Apparently, Ninjatrader offers CQG Mobile which I can use as a supplement to manage my positions. So, that takes care of concern number one.

I'm awaiting a reply, but the guy I talked to didn't seem strict on the 1545 intraday margin restriction either. It would be great if they can offer intraday margin until 1555 like AMP does.

So, it might be that I will be opening an account there after all.

#26     Feb 23, 2018
  7. Regarding AMP’s intraday margin, which time zone are you referencing at 15:55, CT or ET? (Typically ES futures close at 15:15 CT for 15 minutes then reopen for the same trading day for another 30 minutes and finally close for the trading day at 16:00 CT.) What did AMP tell you their intraday margin hours were for ES, 8:00-15:55 CT, or was it something else?

Thanks (their site was not specific).

#27     Apr 21, 2018
  8. NY time, which I suppose is ET?

With 15:55 I mean 5 minutes prior to the cash close for US Equities at 16:00.

#28     Apr 22, 2018
  9. Yes, ET (Eastern Time) = NY time.

Thanks for the reply. It's a shame there are no futures brokers that offer day-trade margin times that extend to five minutes before the ES futures settlement/close at 16:15 NY time.

#29     Apr 22, 2018
  10. Eldredge

Eldredge

I'm pretty sure that AMP offers day trading margin on ES from 5:00pm to 3:55pm Central time for ES. Here is a response from their "chat": "for the Emin S&P it closes at 3:15 and reopens at 3:30pm but the day trade margins are still in affect then it closes at 4:00pm - 5:00pm but would need Maintenance margin for this closing time if holding a position"

#30     Apr 23, 2018
    J.P. and RosyScenario like this.