Beware of what you post here as "News"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 11, 2010.

1. No, I meant this.

#21     Aug 11, 2010
  2. pspr

pspr

Ha ha ha. I stand by that statement. :D

"Thus, whenever the people wish to dismantle or abolish government, it is their right to do so."

http://www.fff.org/freedom/0501a.asp

#22     Aug 11, 2010
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

One thing I'll note in pspr's comment about Pisslowsi:D is he said he'd like to see her _________." He didn't say he was going to. Big difference.

Nothing criminal about his statement.

If someone says they are, probably will, or are thinking about harming an elected official, that's where the criminal probe would come into play.

Pspr's comments don't rise to the level of a crime.

#23     Aug 11, 2010
  4. pspr

pspr

Actually, under the law, it takes 3 people conspiring to commit a crime to be a criminal act. One person saying he/she wants to commit a crime is not unlawful. However, that doesn't stop Big Brother from investigating those making such statements to uncover other crimes and intimidation.

But, I digress. And we are off topic.

#24     Aug 11, 2010
  5. Threatening anyone with violence is generally illegal, but I would say most threats made to ordinary people over the internet are not investigated. However, all threats against the President of the United States are investigated by the Secret Service. The Secret Service investigates several thousand of these cases each year and it is a felony to make such threats meaning you might spend over a year in a federal prison.

In addition to federal laws, there are also laws in every state which makes it a felony crime to threaten public officials and employees of the government. For example, threatening a meter maid is a felony crime.

Google the many cases which involve internet threats against public officials and the President. You will soon discover that its a really bad idea to make violent threats and depictions over the internet.

#25     Aug 11, 2010
  6. pspr

pspr

Actually, you are right and I am close to such crime with Pig-loci but touching isn't too criminal. Opps, wait. Someones at the door. :D

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_illegal_to_threaten_the_life_of_a_candidate_for_president_of_the_usa

#26     Aug 11, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I like the name piss-low-si for her. LOL!!!! She's low, and a bag of piss imo.:D

#27     Aug 11, 2010
  8. Exactly. The management of ET are smart people, and they wouldn't have a policy of "condoning" copyright violation. However, the quality of Moderators varies -- some appear to be poorly informed about best-practices in this area.

"Post a portion.. then post the link" -- Yes, of course. I wonder about those on the thread who don't understand this. Have they been hiding in a cave on Iwo Jima for the past 15 years? Is this whole Interwebs thing new to them?

#28     Aug 11, 2010
  9. Eight

Eight

A kid visiting my household downloaded something illegally... so I got an email from some third party attorney bogus people saying I could "settle for a small amount".. it turns out all they have is my IP address or something and they don't know who I am unless I respond to them. I put them on email spam list and never heard more from them...

#29     Aug 11, 2010
  10. That's a very good analogy to an assclown cut/pasting web content onto ET. It's ET at risk, not the assclown.

#30     Aug 11, 2010