Beware of what you post here as "News"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 11, 2010.

1. businessstaxes

businessstaxes Guest

just post a link...and give credit to the company or reporter wrote the article..a good article has 'research' material.

and don't cut and paste articles here.

no lawsuits, just delete thread.

#11     Aug 11, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Stole my words exactly!

#12     Aug 11, 2010
  3. I've also noticed some posters threaten elected officials with physical harm on ET, in print, for all the world to see.
    Not a good thing, at all, ever.
    That's a great way to get HS, FBI and DOJ interested in this website, it's owners and moderators, and everyone who threatens public officials with physical harm on ET.

#13     Aug 11, 2010
  4. Elite trader does not allow posting of links. in fact elite trader suggests the posting of entire articles without links. This is if one isnt a sponsor. bad business practices

#14     Aug 11, 2010
  5. businessstaxes

businessstaxes Guest

you can't even post links or post any article it's plagarism etc without giving credit like in school report or essay.

posting a link is considered 'free advertising'. elitetrader is for profit website only reason for the ban is abuse by members who use the links as free advertising...or links to websites with malware or websites with viruses etc. if the website is from a legitimate news outlet i don't see the problem with it. postin entire article is plagairism and illegal if the article has copyright on it if I'm correct... yahoo and google pay for the news articles and news links.

#15     Aug 11, 2010

6. Well, I guess elite trader is in violation of copywrite by protecting their sponsors by not allowing links and SUGGESTING that others post entire articles without links. Looks like this business model is not long for the planet.

#16     Aug 11, 2010
  7. This is just plain wrong. I have personally read ET management's post stating that preferred presentation is to post a portion of the article so the reader gets an idea of what it's about, and then post the link.

#17     Aug 11, 2010
  8. You, sir, are a liar. You just registered this new alias, and are clearly a former poster with an axe to grind.

#18     Aug 11, 2010
  9. pspr

pspr

You mean like this?

http://www.pictogame.com/en/play/game/aOM6TtpFCKHE_kill-bush

Or this

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-newspaper/texas-news/newspaper-sells-anti-obama-photo-products/

#19     Aug 11, 2010
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, now that is stepping over the line no matter how badly we dislike the idiots in Washington.

No one needs to spout off about harming someone, agreed.

Conversely, taking the Country back, and restoring it to what our Founding Fathers intended is another thing.

Threats of physical violence towards any elected people shouldn't go on here. We can vote them out in November!

#20     Aug 11, 2010