Beware of Tradestation

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Splat, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Splat

Splat

If you have an account with Tradestation beware. Look at your
    subscription features regularly. They have a tendency to add
    chargeable features to your account without asking you. I dont
    know why they do this but I have had this happen to my account
    several times.

2. zdreg

zdreg

thx
    what other issues do you have with them?

3. mktman

mktman

Not right here splat.

They always send out an email and a letter to confirm options change.

Did have a software snafu over the weekend which was corrected Monday in which they added $20 for ECN books.
    An emial was snet out stating this and how to fix it.

mktman

4. I wonder if they ever had a snafu that "erroneously" lowered customers' bills?

5. splat is definitely right that this does happen at times with Tradestation. It has happened to me.

Also, Tradestation will advertise aggressively about a new lower commission rate, but existing clients will not be given the lower rate unless they specifically ask to be given the new rate.

Again I know this from personal experience!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

6. WinSum

WinSum

They scared me this weekend too when I received an email that I changed my account subscription. I thought my account was hacked and someone was messing around with my account.

I was on hold on the phone for about 1/2 hour trying to get through to client services dept. I gave up and hanged up.

I got another email later that clarified that first original email was sent in error because they changed their billing system.

Good thing I got that email before I formatted my hard drive because I thought my system was hacked.

7. I just removed that f*ing ECN book ($20/month) subscription for the second time ! TS charged me $20 in March although I had removed that f*ing subscription end of February for the first time !

:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. As far as I know I haven't had a problem with hidden charges, but as another poster mentioned, I've had BIG problems trying to get lowered commission rates. They aren't automatically transfered, which smacks of fraudulent advertising to me.

Anyway, good company - too damn expensive for what I do. Might leave for that reason only.

9. KK70

KK70

Happened to me too, was suddenly sent an e-mail erroneously stating that I had subscribed to data from NAsdaq Level 2. I replied to that e-mail AND went to the accounts page and unchecked the unwanted data. Account was subsequently not charged.

10. zdreg

zdreg

under what circumstances are you entitled to lower commissions

#10     Apr 9, 2004