beware of somone else cutting a deal for your group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ghostrider, Feb 19, 2003.

1. I would say that there were a lot more of these trading sites and support companies two years ago then there are today. Also since I know 2 people who run sites I know how hard it is to get long-term customers. They claim many of these websites really have very few customers, a lot less then they would seem. Companies like Pristine have had a huge drop off in their number of new people seeking advice. By the way that I see traders dropping over the last year and a lot fewer coming into the business to replace them, I would say numbers are definitely down. Wall Street has slashed a ton of traders in the last year. When Goldman bought spear leeds they took on 500 traders from spear. Now there is only 40 or less of those traders still around.

#31     Apr 19, 2003
  2. I see absolutely no problem with someone trying to act as a middleman. All numbers should be on the table and in writing if you wish. Putting numbers into perspective, lets say someone is getting .005 per share. If i could offer you .004 per share that would be much better for you. If the firm was actually charging .0035 and i was getting .0005 cut into my pocket then why care. The only thing you would do is save money. Anyone want to offer me some great deal? No problem. Please inbox me. Competition is fierce and needs to stay that way in order for traders to survive!

I can't wait until rates get down to 1 tenth of a penny and bullets the same, it is only a matter of time!

happy trading everyone!

#32     Apr 19, 2003
  3. Once every few months I go through the broker section on this site. Clicking on the links. I usually find one link which no longer has a website.

#33     Apr 20, 2003
  4. Only the strong, legitimate or smart should survive.

#34     Apr 21, 2003
  5. First of all why would someone try to get traders to trade at there firm if they didnt get a over ride.....iknow i wouldnt....second, they go after goups YES cause they can get good overrides....but it also gets there traders lower comm. which makes everyone happy campers...

#35     Apr 21, 2003