beware of somone else cutting a deal for your group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ghostrider, Feb 19, 2003.

1. no, try not too put some kind of sad spin on this discussion.

you made it clear,

you believe in traders manipulating their friends to get overrides on them and the sort.

so its simple, please tell us how to stay far away from you because we dont want you to make overrides on us.

#21     Feb 20, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Everyone,

Please keep the discussion civil. You're not obligated to like each other, but try to treat all with respect.... or say nothing. Thanks.

#22     Feb 21, 2003
  3. Since you are editing my posts will you write love letters for me when I need it ?

#23     Feb 21, 2003
  4. Isn't it amazing that the posts can be edited !

#24     Feb 21, 2003
  5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

This is an argument made by many personel brokers: the typical response is "Hey, your getting good money, why are you interested in what I'm getting ?"

Doing business under these circumstances is not in anyones interests: the entire deal should be clear. An honest company will clue you into the finnacials and show you a path to make more money over time. Hucksters just want to extract maximum profit from you and then dispense with you when done ... In fact these types of operations EXPECT you to move on once you get a bit more information on the dynamics of the business details.

The lesson is that you need some measure to ensure that you are not being exploited; The best way to do this is through rock solid contracts and with a transparent view of the business and your business partners, i.e. investigate who you are dealing with ....

#25     Feb 21, 2003
  6. to an individual in san diego, this thread was directed to a group in LA, where 1 partner is trying to screw his 2 other partners who taught the first partner how to trade and showed him the ropes.

#26     Feb 22, 2003
  7. You are talking about something only few know. You use some hints and innuendoes referring to some groups or persons.

What I meant is something simple like you are trading at some company where you pay let's say 1 cent per share. Some guy from your group negotiates a deal and in other place you get let's say 0.5 cents per share and that guy gets 0.4 My question was what is so bad if you are happy with new better deal and does it matter what that person got for negotiating a new deal for you ?

#27     Feb 22, 2003
  8. I remember this thread from awhile back and now wonder if it is the same topic or situation that was brought up in the now closed "Stock trading getting worse" thread. I guess at this point it does not really matter. I hope everything will be smoothed over since the trading community is so small and seems to be getting smaller. It would be nice for traders to get along and help each other then to take every opportunity to kick someone when they are already down.

#28     Apr 19, 2003
  9. It's amazing if as people claim the trading community is small and getting smaller, how much stuff is out there supposedly to support traders. There are so many trading sites for instance, companies that are trying to sell trading advice and tools. Can the number of traders really be as small as it is claimed to be? If there's only a few thousand traders, there's probably a few thousand trading sites; like there would be about one trading site per trader.

There's more people working on the exchanges than the numbers of people allegedly trading for a profession. So there's clearly a lot more making up the markets than "traders".

#29     Apr 19, 2003
  10. Good advice. :)

F. P.

#30     Apr 19, 2003