Beware of Optionetics Bait and Switch

Discussion in 'Options' started by Phlub, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Please keep ET board posted on how it goes.

If every person does what you do there is a chance that Optionetics will stop using tricks to get money from thei costumers

#21     Jan 19, 2008
  2. A few years ago I have had a very unpleasant experience with Optionetics.

I have subscribed to Platinum on the monthly plan and I have used it for one month after the initial trial period passed and I have canceled it by calling them before the first paid month was over.

Well, they charged me for the next month and while they have canceled the subscription on my insistence I have never got that month's fee back. At that point I decided that it was not worth my time to spend aggravating hours on the matter.

One thing I have learned from this, one should keep a record of times of calls and names of persons one spoke to.

Of course they would be no need for this if the other party was honest.

#22     Jan 19, 2008
  3. aiwazian

aiwazian

Dear California Consumers:

I have handled claims against Optionetics with great results.

I am investigating a potential class action against Optionetics for violations of the California Unfair Business Practices and False Advertising Act.

Please give me a call to discuss the possibility of becoming a class representative. Thank you.

With kind regards,

Edwin Aiwazian, Esq.
    THE AIWAZIAN LAW FIRM
    330 Arden Avenue, Suite 205
    Glendale, CA 91203
    Phone (818) 265-1020
    Fax (818) 265-1021

#23     Dec 5, 2008
  4. You have GOT to be kidding. Are you so desparate for business that you have to troll on a forum so you can make your cut of the lawsuit???

Why don't you publish PROOF of your "great success" against Optionetics??? How about some stories from the news???

Your post is on par with Nigerian scams...

#24     Dec 5, 2008
  5. Over a period of 10 years I had posted close to 7,000 entries on Optionetics Discussion Boards. However, in August they advised me that they were revoking my posting privilege because one of their instructors disagreed with the technical content of some of my postings. In other words, he disagreed with the conclusions I was expressing and prevailed upon the company's General Council to "pull the plug" on me. All this, notwithstanding the fact that I have consistently been trading profitably, even in this down year of 2008.

Having said this, I will add that I have been a subscriber of their Platinum program for many many years. I would not want to be without it.

I realize that some here might not be in total accord with what I have said in the two paragraphs above. That's fine. I am just sharing my personal experiences.

4Q

#25     Dec 7, 2008
  6. Maybe he's trolling for personal data to hack accounts or steal identities

#26     Dec 7, 2008
  7. What the hell is a Nigerian scam?

4Q

#27     Dec 7, 2008
  8. sumosam

sumosam

there was someone posting things on the optionetics board which was very high risk, and many students as well as instructors felt this was not appropriate.

optionetics has given me good service. i honestly can't complain. i will honestly say that you can easily loose your money, and i have fellow traders who are now not trading....so money on education is well spent, imho....but we are all different.

#28     Dec 7, 2008
  9. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

If the credit card route doesn't work, most states have an Deceptive/Unfair Business Practices Act similar to Cali that are pretty draconian against slime business practices that usually cover "bait and switch".

It usually reads something like - Advertising goods or services with intent not to sell them as advertised.

See if you can get a lawyer to send them a lawsuit letter based on the act in your state.

Too bad most people don't know about those consumer protection laws.

Of course, none of the above is to be construed as legal advice. Consult your attorney. :D

#29     Dec 8, 2008
  10. Sumosam, that was probably me. I posted there under the handle "Borankin". Regarding your comment about "high risk", all I can say is that I was just trying to be helpful and never sought any personal gain. I have accepted Optionetics' decision to "pull the plug", and I have moved on. As far as I'm concerned there are no hard feelings.

This thread started out many months ago as a comment regarding Platinum. As I said in the posting yesterday, I have used Platinum for many years. I truly love this product and it has been a significant positive factor in my trading success.

This is neither an endorsement nor a condemnation of Optionetics. The only relationship I have ever had with them is as a customer, where they debit my credit card monthly for the Platinum subscription.

Good luck to everyone in their trading.

4Q

#30     Dec 8, 2008